MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
^ it is working. ensure that plugin setting Use the MyBB Parser? is set to yes
Thank you, these issues have been patched and a new version released. The version displayed everywhere does not properly reflect the new version (the plugin thinks it's v1.0.1 still), this has been patched on the master branch, but a new release has not been created.
I've released version 1.1.0 on GitHub here.

Fixes:
- The article options are now viewable on any page.
- Fixed a few language errors

New Features:
- MyAlerts integration. If MyAlerts is installed, users can opt to "Watch" articles. When an article is edited, all users who are watching it are sent an alert that informs them that the article has been edited, and offers a link to the new article.

Known Issues:
- Alerts do not display titles (planned to fix for v1.1.1)
when updating, does one need to simply overwrite the existing files or do a deactivate/activate on the plugin as well?
For this one, an uninstall/reinstall because there are database schema changers, and an upgrader is not available. Otherwise, it depends on the upgrade. Smile
(2016-02-21, 09:11 AM)Adamas Wrote: [ -> ]For this one, an uninstall/reinstall because there are database schema changers, and an upgrader is not available. Otherwise, it depends on the upgrade. Smile

thanks. how would one save the articles & categories that have been built if the update requires an uninstall/reinstall?

possible bug...

if you go into the wiki tab in the admin cp>permissions and then uncheck all 3 boxes for a group and commit the changes, it'll remove that group from the permissions page entirely.

is this intended behavior?

suggested enhancements:

1- add a date & time stamp to the revision tab
2- the revisions page can look very bloated if an article is long. what about styling the page somewhat similar to how github displays its revisions for code?

also, what is this 2nd row for on the revisions page?
[Image: mqvGtv4.jpg]

3- sub categories

here's a pretty decent forum wiki set up: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/
You can check wiki plugin from Jones or Sama34 which are for older MyBB versions. I used this one https://mods.mybb.com/view/wiki-plugin - github page is also available... maybe some of the features can be get from here
This looks like a great project, I'll be sure to follow it on GitHub!

Any way of getting this running on a subdomain? My forum is installed on the root of my domain and I'd really like something like this running on wiki.domain.com.
@andrewjs18 there is an import/export feature. You have to give yourself adequate permissions in the Admin CP to export (the button itself is on the wiki), and you can import there as well. The removal of all groups is a bug. I suspect I know the cause but I'm going to test it first. Datestamps should be possible, and the second row is a diff report, so you can see the exact changes. Subcategories - I'll have to refactor some code to get it to properly work, but it should be possible. The category system needs an update anyway.

@Eldenroot I'll check those out, thanks. Smile

@Marisa - no official way yet. I'll see what I can do.
JUST EXCELLENT.

There is bug and suggestion for you :

As mention by andrew there is extra raw. it should be removed.
[attachment=35857]

Suggestions :
1. Edited article should be verified by article author before shown on original article
2. Edited test should have different color/ something different that can be diferentiate from original text so author can see what edited.
3. Add subcategory system please.
4. Category/subcategory name should be editable
5. On talk page, if possible add who posted it. post should not be editable by other users except admin.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6