MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyInvision v1.0.1 - Light Blue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: invisionmybb.gif]

This is the "repaired" and full legal version of the IPB default theme now for MyBB. All the images used in this theme have been remade and edited, including the css. This is the light-er version, expect other themed versions from these templates soon.

Note: This theme contains NO FILE EDITS. All is done with templates and css. In v2 there will be file edits including language file edits for those who want their MyBB completely IPB-ish. There will be other edits as well. All the v1 version have no file edits.

If there are errors, please report them. There are a few edits on this theme that I am aware of and haven't been able to fix them. If you know the solution, please help, and I will credit you on the next bug fix release. Thanks!

Installation instructions:
1. Download and extract the theme zip file
2. Upload the included image folder to your .MYBBROOT/images directory
3. Import the theme's xml file into your Admin CP > Themes > Import
4. View it in your User CP > Edit Options > Board Style > IPB Light Blue.

Please do not redistribute this with out my permission. Please keep the copyright as it is unless you are willing to pay to remove it.

Thanks, hope you enjoy this theme.

PLEASE: Do not use these templates for your own designs without my permission. Do not use this stylesheet for your own designs without permission. Do not use these images. If you should happen to want to use them, please contact me at [email protected], via pm, or simply by keeping my copyright intact (while adding yours under it).

Edit: Download has been removed as it still uses modified IPB images which are copyright Invision Power Services. Please do not repost until the theme uses images not owned by IPB/IPS.
Is it me or I misunderstand his disclaimer? Can't use his theme without contacting for permission?

I don't care for Invision anyway... so! Good effort but I don't like it.
Use the templates as in use them for your own theme. They took me a good week, so I just want to know whose using em. Just contact me before you use em is all.

And thanks, that makes it all worth it XD

BTW, I understand not everyone likes IPB. This is for those who do Toungue and I like all forum softwares.
Hehe you call it MyInvsion, so big 1+ from me.

Anyway: Greate converte of the skin, but you should be careful with the copyright. You can only copy the colours and layers.
nice but there could be copyright issues
Trust me, Ive talked with IPB, the images were used as bases but as long as I dont directly use their images, there is no infringement. I am sure it is safe to use. I used my own codes, my own css, my own image variation.

lol P@trick, you are right, I did use your theme name. Props to you for that, and thanks!
Time after time I tell you. I hear people are harassing your themes for you not releasing here yet at your boards. You tell that person to "act more maturely". Look at what you are doing. Stop "harassing" me please, I have done nothing to you, and if you do it again, I will report your PMs to MyBB staff.

I talked with IPB already. They say I cannot use their images or their css. I changed the css, done. I changed the images, just like people use the .psd here to change the MyBB default images. My experience with IPB and MyBB, as well as other software, shows that most theme designers use the default images, the color or something varied, when they release their themes. Many use them from scratch, but the majority use the default images. That is not copyright engringement.
labrocca Wrote:As I stated...I have contacted Invision for clarification. If they reply that your theme is OK then fine...so be it. Are you threatened in some manner because I want to make sure your theme doesn't have legality problems that could result in problems for mybb or its users? Are you above the law?

What? Never put words in my mouth. If you would have noticed...I asked them a LONG time ago, via pm and thread. So yes, Im way ahead of you. Dont you think I would check up first before I replicated anyones theme?

The reason I am offended is for your harsh language on a matter I tried to keep civil. No more on this matter, please, the staff are wise and know what is right and wrong. If they believe the images are too close and may "confuse people" then they have every single right to close the theme, I have no problem with that. However, it is NOT illegal.

IN CONCLUSION: This theme is legal as far as the information from an IPS staff member as well as some of its members, have told me what I can and cannot due. You go to 90% of the themes from all softwares, they use the default images.
Both of you, take it to PM.
Theme looks nice though I will use it soon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5