MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
uh oh 2 team members quit in the last month. That's kind of bad.
They'll have plenty of people who want to rejoin, look at the bottom of the announcement:

Quote:PS: Look out for an announcement with the title "A return" during the next few days
I highly doubt that though
I'm sure they'll find people. Their community is huge Smile
http://www.phpbb.com/about/history/

Their "team" sucks. Interesting to note that they credit Sourceforge for their gain in popularity. I still think mybb should post their download there. Save this server bandwidth and get TONS more users at the same time. TheFinn left too and he was the guy that started it! 2.0 was built from scratch and took a year to build...yet they spent 6 years now on 3.0 and it's still in beta!
Their development is slow and stop critizing phpBB friends. I and many of users are using it from the initial stages until i left phpBB last year and came back to MyBB.

If they are a paid product , then i would not say as wrong to comment. They have been opensource and they have spend a lot of time , dedication in developing phpBB.

Currently there may be many advertisers or funds for them, think how they would have been when they started. phpBB would soon find developers.

we better concentrate on ours and it is ok to discuss about other forum softwares but not critize them, it is a cheap activitiy which are done by people like SMF where admins and developers interact in some non sense activity.

So lets see what we can do to reach the top, instead of talking about others inability or softwares.
labrocca Wrote:http://www.phpbb.com/about/history/

Their "team" sucks. Interesting to note that they credit Sourceforge for their gain in popularity. I still think mybb should post their download there. Save this server bandwidth and get TONS more users at the same time.
I agree. MyBB would get way more recognition there.
DrPoodle Wrote:
labrocca Wrote:http://www.phpbb.com/about/history/

Their "team" sucks. Interesting to note that they credit Sourceforge for their gain in popularity. I still think mybb should post their download there. Save this server bandwidth and get TONS more users at the same time.
I agree. MyBB would get way more recognition there.

I might be going out on a limb here, but I don't agree. I don't think MyBB would gain the kind of "positive" recognition that it desires, if we were to partner with Sourceforge.

Take phpBB for example: When they partnered with Sourceforge, their number of users literally skyrocketed overnight. The phpBB community could not physically handle the amount of new people and questions that Sourceforge brought to them. The support community forums suffered because of this, and I don't think they ever got any better. When I used to use phpBB, I constantly remember support questions being left unanswered for weeks at a time. I don't fault the phpBB team for this, I understand they were just stretched WAY too thin. Their support forums got to be so huge, it sometimes seemed that the right hand was not communicating with the left.

I totally agree that Sourceforge would bring countless new users to the MyBB software, but I am not convinced that this would be a positive thing overall. Again, I in no way represent the thoughts or beliefs of the MyBB Group, this is simply my personal opinion.
I agree with kodaks, lets first release 1.4 and then stablize us well that we are good enough to handle support questions. Still i see here itself that support questions are answered little late , i am not saying it as wrong but lack of developers and lack of time for them to spend. They also have social life apart from MyBB.

I would like to see 1.4 ( Developer Edition code) which is well commented for developers and coders to understand it better and much easier.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5