MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Uploader for 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It's no longer the stuff of legend, it now exists.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=821

Heart
Does it works on themes as well ? Or just mods ?
Only plugins, themes are a whole different ball game Smile
Looks great.
Thanks matt for it.
Has been updated to 1.2.1... no updates for 4 and a half years then two in an afternoon Big Grin
For "future" MyBB , has the MyBB staff made it a "requirement" for MOD creators to "pack" (ZIP) the plugins in a
"sensible" way ?

So that "newbies" or even "advanced" board owners WONT have to be wondering which "folder" a file goes into.

There should be a SET "standard structure" in the way MODs and THEMES are ".ZIPped" before they get accepted into the mybb.com MODS/Themes database.

.02 Wink

Very nice plug-in BTW.
Thanks for sharing
Thank you!
(2016-10-16, 12:04 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]For "future" MyBB , has the MyBB staff made it a "requirement" for MOD creators to "pack" (ZIP) the plugins in a
"sensible" way ?

So that "newbies" or even "advanced" board owners WONT have to be wondering which "folder" a file goes into.

There should be a SET "standard structure" in the way MODs and THEMES are ".ZIPped" before they get accepted into the mybb.com MODS/Themes database.

.02 Wink

Very nice plug-in BTW.
Thanks for sharing

It's hard to believe there are plugins missing a defined structure in the zipped package. Personally I never encountered anything like a plugin with all the files stored in a single folder; also, nowadays FTP applications provide merging options which makes it easy to upload an entire plugin at once.

Great plugin Matt. Looking forward to use it.
Great, this is a good one.

Many users are seeking for this due many scripts use this way to install new plugins.

I'll try it in next days to see how it works and make a guidance on my site because many users won't know how an ftp works and have no idea on how to use plugins or install propertly so this one is very usefull i see many threads maded by users asking why plugin are not shown or won't work in his sites and every time is due users upload files in the wrong place Big Grin.

NOTE: Tested and all seems to be fine.

Only when you got more than 10 mods installed on your list are a missing data before the 10 plugin. (See attached image for reference).
(2016-10-16, 12:04 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]For "future" MyBB , has the MyBB staff made it a "requirement" for MOD creators to "pack" (ZIP) the plugins in a
"sensible" way ?

.02 Wink

Very nice plug-in BTW.
Thanks for sharing

I think we discussed this a while ago and we agreed it'd just be too much hassle - it'd unnecessarily delay approvals, and as there's 3rd party plugin sites too, there's no guarantee they'd follow the same structure. Pretty much all plugins I've seen have been in a fairly clear structure though, and usually have a readme with upload instructions.

(2016-10-16, 08:23 AM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Great, this is a good one.

Many users are seeking for this due many scripts use this way to install new plugins.

I'll try it in next days to see how it works and make a guidance on my site because many users won't know how an ftp works and have no idea on how to use plugins or install propertly so this one is very usefull i see many threads maded by users asking why plugin are not shown or won't work in his sites and every time is due users upload files in the wrong place Big Grin.

NOTE: Tested and all seems to be fine.

Only when you got more than 10 mods installed on your list are a missing data before the 10 plugin. (See attached image for reference).

Hm, it'll be something with the specific plugin rather than the number, can you inspect the page and see if you have a javascript error? These additional cells are added with javascript so something seems to have tripped it up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7