MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really waiting for the gold update...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
We still can't give out specific dates. Please take my word though that we're doing as much as we can.
I'm sure you are, but... do you at least have any sort of ballpark?
-I need a forum 'very' soon, and may end up having to go with someone else. Sad
jedk Wrote:I'm sure you are, but... do you at least have any sort of ballpark?
-I need a forum 'very' soon, and may end up having to go with someone else. Sad
Why don't you just run RC 4 and upgrade to Gold when it comes out?
Because someone was saying that custom styles wouldn't carry over on the upgrade or whatnot.
-Meh, just want a fresh install of gold.
jedk Wrote:Because someone was saying that custom styles wouldn't carry over on the upgrade or whatnot.

All you have to do is once gold is out for download, install a copy of it and make the changes to the skin. Then download that skin and upgrade your RC4 to Gold and import the skin to made with gold Smile.
marcgo15 Wrote:
jedk Wrote:Because someone was saying that custom styles wouldn't carry over on the upgrade or whatnot.

All you have to do is once gold is out for download, install a copy of it and make the changes to the skin. Then download that skin and upgrade your RC4 to Gold and import the skin to made with gold Smile.

Just that easy huh? Toungue
rjerina Wrote:Just that easy huh? Toungue

If you just change colors of the forum, it should only take 10 mins at the most. Now if you have major template edits it might take a bit longer but just keep a record of what templates you made changes to and your good to go.
marcgo15, your intel is incorrect Toungue Due to the major theme changes in Gold, themes l probably not be able to be imported or if they are, only bits will import properly. You'll have to start from scratch.

jedk, I suggest you install myBB RC4, make no changes excet adding forums and members etc, that way you have some sort of forum. Upgrade to Gold when its out and then make the changes to the theme. You'll still have your previous members, posts, threads, polls, calnedar events etc.
k776 Wrote:marcgo15, your intel is incorrect Toungue Due to the major theme changes in Gold, themes l probably not be able to be imported or if they are, only bits will import properly. You'll have to start from scratch.

jedk, I suggest you install myBB RC4, make no changes excet adding forums and members etc, that way you have some sort of forum. Upgrade to Gold when its out and then make the changes to the theme. You'll still have your previous members, posts, threads, polls, calnedar events etc.

It worked fine for me Wink. I know you can't import from RC4 because of the template changes, but I keep a record of what templates have changed. Before I upgrade from RC4 to Gold I installed a copy of Gold and made the changes needed, then download that theme. Then I upgrade my RC4 to gold and imported that theme a made on the other.
What I did is backed-up the color scheme of my theme and for what they are for ...ex: (Font: #f4f4f4)

and I then looked over all the templates that I changed and put them all in different text files and saved them.

I then created a new theme in gold and made the default theme default for awhile until I'm done. Whats the use of having to install 2 forums when you can do it for just one?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8