MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really waiting for the gold update...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
To add to k's comment.

Chris has school, work and actual paid clients for websites. That puts MyBB at #4 on his list. I'm surprised MyBB RC4 looks so good with all of those things that are going on, on his life. Since we nor does Chris know when this new version will be out, we will only reply to questions about the date or even estimate of gold to just "When it's ready". Like we have said before, we are still going through pages of bugs left on the beta forums (about 80% of found bugs have been fixed - totalling 12 pages).

It will be done when it's ready people. In the meantime, RC4 is a solid and stable build that you can actually use it forever if you choose.
Quote:RC4 is a solid and stable
Lol. I have to dis-agree. Theres 30+ bugs in it because it was released too early (and the files wern't released to beta testers for RC4 so the Admin Panel didn't get tested either and some bugs were in there). Many of them can be fixed manually of coarse though, and theres a few fixes around the site!
k776 Wrote:
Quote:RC4 is a solid and stable
Lol. I have to dis-agree. Theres 30+ bugs in it because it was released too early (and the files wern't released to beta testers for RC4 so the Admin Panel didn't get tested either and some bugs were in there). Many of them can be fixed manually of coarse though, and theres a few fixes around the site!

I think Cory means that it's still usable. There's nothing broken in most of the common features in RC4. You can install a RC4 board, and it will work, but it's just the small holes here and there.

RC4 is quite stable, as you can see that this forum is running RC4 (I don't know if it's modified personally by Chris), but it hasn't crashed, it hasn't had any fatal errors that I have seen. I really haven't had a problem with any other RC4 board I have installed too.
Cory Wrote:In the meantime, RC4 is a solid and stable build that you can actually use it forever if you choose.

Thank you Cory, that is exactly the answer I came here looking for. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8