MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any US smokers out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Tikitiki Wrote:
michaelh Wrote:Wow. Every day I come back to this thread, and it gets more out of hand. I personally do not like smoking, but in the end of the day, its an opinion, and in a free country, an individual is free to express his opinion. But whats happening here is that, instead of people having a rationalized argument, people are just using the thread as an excuse to attack people. Can't you all just calm down and accept your differences, no matter how wrong you think these people are? Bad words have been spoken here just because people cannot hold there tounge about their opinions which can offend others or because they cannot accept people are different.

uhh, the last 3 posts and WhiteCocoa's post were very rationalized o.0 I'd say it's gotten more into hand

Because i left the thread. Toungue

But seriously though WhiteCocoa said it best and i'll leave it at that.

No hard feelings hopefully. I still do love mybb. Big Grin
michaelh Wrote:Wow. Every day I come back to this thread, and it gets more out of hand.

That's why I sorta just said my two-cents about the matter (i think i did... Confused) and then just stepped out of it. Wink

Dr Small
Wow, I expressed my opinion on some of the older posts, and now I'm getting roasted. Sad
michaelh Wrote:Wow, I expressed my opinion on some of the older posts, and now I'm getting roasted. Sad

You never said older posts. That's the only reason I said something
My apologies for bumping such an old thread, but I just learned of some horrifying statistics courtesy of St. Mary's Medical Center:

* Between 37,000 and 40,000 Americans die from cardiovascular diseases related to second-hand smoke each year.

* Exposure to second-hand smoke at home or at the workplace on a regular basis doubles a person’s chance of having a heart attack.

* Second-hand smoke increases a person’s risk of developing heart disease by 30 percent.

If someone has to smoke at all, they really need to think twice about where they are, and who they're with.
Jag100 Wrote:Someone should just destroy all cigs and if anyone trys to smoke just shoot them

Sorry Fixed the post i don't mean it if anyone is wondering

O.O OMG!
I quit smoking 4 1/2 months ago, after yearsssss of begging from my kids and then teasing from my bf. It's been great!! I had smoked since I was 11 :O
It's amazing how controversial this topic has become! So now us non smokers are expected to pack up our kids and our food and drinks and move to another table if a smoker sits down next to us? How is that fair??? And that is "well said"? I'm surprised at you, Tiki! (and this was from the previous page of posts, since I didn't want to go back and quote!) Again, I am SO thankful I live in a state where you smokers are not allowed to smoke inside! THAT is well said and well DONE!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11