MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any US smokers out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:I have plenty of friends who hate smoking but accept it because we are good friends and they realize that me starting smoking is a stupid reason to show me any disrespect and stop being my friend.

What's stupid is that your friends are letting you kill yourself. I would want my friends around as long as possible.

however, I agree what Jag said was a stretch and shouldn't have been said, nor should it ever happen
I agree with the first 6 words of what Jag said, but the rest is just out of order.
hemi Wrote:Everyone deserves the right to clean air.

Now looking at this from an equality issue, there should be both smoking and non-smoking establishments to be fair. America is about choice and that should be one of them. For years there's been cigar bars and non-smokers stayed out of them. That concept should be adopted and used. As a business owner you should have the choice of what your establishment caters to strictly for profit reasons also, after all, this is a free country. If you don't like the fact the owner chooses to have a smoking or non-smoking establishment then LEAVE and go where your comfortable and where someone caters to your needs.
I wonder also how many legal to drive people here will ride their bike(If they have one) before driving their car to visit a friend, get groceries, pay bills or whatever, you know, those little trivial things us as humans do. How many would drive to buy a pop instead of riding a bike or walk? I do wonder.. If you've done this once, your a hypocrite if you've condemned smokers. As needing a pop or visiting a friend or paying a bill doesn't justify polluting the air EVERYONE breathes 100,000 times worse or greater than a smoker. Think real hard before you criticize someone if this is you. Think about the next time you drive needlessly how many allergenic, elderly etc people your effecting hurting or killing. Think about that next SUV or truck you buy instead of a hybrid.
When you buy a house in America now you can look up the parts per million pollution stats for your area. So, there again, you have choice. Are you using it? Are you looking into how you can help the quality of life in your area by lowering pollution?
It's endless, the needless pollution each person produces. But I'm as guilty as the next and am not condemning anyone for what their personal habits/beliefs are, as long as they don't effect me or the ones I love, I'm ok with it.
I'm also not getting on anyone here, just trying to make you aware of both sides and looking at a sensible solution for equality.

Thank you! That is exactly what i was saying. Naturally ofcourse that is NOT good enough for the rest and why you see NO replies from any of the haters.

Just look at how my last reply was ripped to shreds. And i can careless because the point went straight over thier thick head.

Quote:Posted by Ryan Ashbrook - Today 05:06 PM

I'm sorry but this kind of pissed me off.

I'm a smoker, yes, but regardless of whether or not this was a joke or not, it shouldn't have been said.

I don't mind people saying they hate smokers, but when you start bashing them I get mad.

Smoking is a choice and I choose to smoke, that is my choice and whether or not you like it or not you still should respect me as a person, not based on my lifestyle choices.

I was against6 the whole banning smoking in bars because now a lot of family run restaurants and bars are loosing massive amounts of money because their biggest customer was, you guessed it, smokers.

I originally wasn't going to take part in the discussion because no matter what I say people will still disrespect me all the same just because of it and I'm really sick and tired of it.

I have plenty of friends who hate smoking but accept it because we are good friends and they realize that me starting smoking is a stupid reason to show me any disrespect and stop being my friend.

And thank you as well. All VALID and VERY good points ESPECIALLY about the smoking in Bars and Restaurants. I know of a few who have gone out of business over this stupid BS in DE.
Smoking sucks ;D Don't do it kids~

I would NEVER date a smoker, ever. Sorry Ryan.
HarryWx Wrote:

Now looking at this from an equality issue, there should be both smoking and non-smoking establishments to be fair. America is about choice and that should be one of them. For years there's been cigar bars and non-smokers stayed out of them. That concept should be adopted and used. As a business owner you should have the choice of what your establishment caters to strictly for profit reasons also, after all, this is a free country. If you don't like the fact the owner chooses to have a smoking or non-smoking establishment then LEAVE and go where your comfortable and where someone caters to your needs.
I wonder also how many legal to drive people here will ride their bike(If they have one) before driving their car to visit a friend, get groceries, pay bills or whatever, you know, those little trivial things us as humans do. How many would drive to buy a pop instead of riding a bike or walk? I do wonder.. If you've done this once, your a hypocrite if you've condemned smokers. As needing a pop or visiting a friend or paying a bill doesn't justify polluting the air EVERYONE breathes 100,000 times worse or greater than a smoker. Think real hard before you criticize someone if this is you. Think about the next time you drive needlessly how many allergenic, elderly etc people your effecting hurting or killing. Think about that next SUV or truck you buy instead of a hybrid.
When you buy a house in America now you can look up the parts per million pollution stats for your area. So, there again, you have choice. Are you using it? Are you looking into how you can help the quality of life in your area by lowering pollution?
It's endless, the needless pollution each person produces. But I'm as guilty as the next and am not condemning anyone for what their personal habits/beliefs are, as long as they don't effect me or the ones I love, I'm ok with it.
I'm also not getting on anyone here, just trying to make you aware of both sides and looking at a sensible solution for equality.

Thank you! That is exactly what i was saying. Naturally ofcourse that is NOT good enough for the rest and why you see NO replies from any of the haters.

Just look at how my last reply was ripped to shreds. And i can careless because the point went straight over thier thick head.

Lets get this straight. Smoking = suicide. The only difference is smoking takes longer to kill you. So why don't you save yourself the trouble of suffering through an agonizing heart attack later on in your life and kill yourself right now?
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

Lets get this straight. Smoking = suicide. The only difference is smoking takes longer to kill you. So why don't you save yourself the trouble of suffering through an agonizing heart attack later on in your life and kill yourself right now?

Perhaps in that case we ALL should. Our cars and everything else is killing us as well. Come on lets keep this real. And WHY do you and EVERYONE else keep ignoring the part about smoking in bars and restaurants for both? WHY ?
HarryWx Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

Perhaps in that case we ALL should. Our cars and everything else is killing us as well. Come on lets keep this real. And WHY do you and EVERYONE else keep ignoring the part about smoking in bars and restaurants for both? WHY ?

I'll explain myself again. There are cons and pros to everything. The difference is cars have pros. Smoking has absolutely no pros. It's the equivalent to a terrorist shooting everyone in the leg, and then shooting himself into the heart.

And mind you the world is working on ways to stop cars from polluting, the solutions just aren't quite there yet. While smokers like you are doing nothing to stop themselves, yet the solutions are all over the place.
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

I'll explain myself again. There are cons and pros to everything. The difference is cars have pros. Smoking has absolutely no pros. It's the equivalent to a terrorist shooting everyone in the leg, and then shooting himself into the heart.

And mind use the world is working on ways to stop cars from polluting. While smokers like you are doing nothing to stop themselves, yet the solutions are all over the place.

STILL avoided my question about having establishments FOR BOTH? Why is THAT so wrong? EVERYONE gets what they want. We have OUR places and you all have yours. TELL me what is wrong with that?
HarryWx Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

And mind use the world is working on ways to stop cars from polluting. While smokers like you are doing nothing to stop themselves, yet the solutions are all over the place.

STILL avoided my question about having establishments FOR BOTH? Why is THAT so wrong? EVERYONE gets what they want. We have OUR places and you all have yours. TELL me what is wrong with that?

Everyone gets what they want? No. That's not how it works. Can I drive 200 mph on a 60 mph freeway? No. Why? Because its bad for the safety. Same thing applies here.

Tell me how are you going to have establishments for both, while not affecting other people. Are you going to live in a air-tight enclosed building all your life? Or are all the smokers going to move to the moon, so you won't affect the non-smokers down here on earth?
Smoking can help you relax actually.

And some people smoke their whole lives and have no problems. So whatever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11