MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any estimate for mybb 1.9?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
More specifically , new private system integration and my alerts as core ?
every time someone asks this question it gets delayed for another year
https://community.mybb.com/thread-215211.html

Everything is being updated in that thread. Dev's have been moving at a good pace, one of the big things is the template conversion to twig. You can check that progress out at https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2972

For an overall view of progress check out https://github.com/mybb/mybb/milestone/22
It's worth noting that, even though the Twig conversion is virtually over, PRs must be tested and merged. Also, the new theme is still under active development and will need to be converted as well, but once a solid Twig base is set, it should be easier for designers to advance quicker. We've been going fast with 1.9 development recently and that's certainly promising and exciting at the same time, though we can't guarantee any fixed date as always.
Also note that conversations and alerts aren't planned to be a part of 1.9, but may happen in another future release such as 1.10.
(2018-06-14, 01:47 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]...it should be easier for designers to advance quicker. We've been going fast with 1.9 development recently and that's certainly promising and exciting at the same time...

This is fantastic non-news.  Cool
That is how it is remembered. constantly going on and on ...
(2018-08-16, 09:24 AM)TomLok Wrote: [ -> ]That is how it is remembered. constantly going on and on ...

Appreciate your ever first post in Community Forums.
Feel free to contribute and make an end to this "constantly going on and on ..." process.
(2018-06-14, 07:18 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Also note that conversations and alerts aren't planned to be a part of 1.9, but may happen in another future release such as 1.10.

Ok... about that 'Conversations' thing.

What is the difference between 'PMs' and 'Conversations'?

I have read that elsewhere and I'm not totally convinced that adding 'Conversations' is necessary for MyBB. 

Alerts, on the other hand, should become part of the MyBB core. 
So many Admins request this feature. This can be coded to be toggled On or Off depending on Admin preference.
Why wait until 1.10.xx for this? I don't see the logic of putting that feature on hold.
Why not add the Alerts to the MyBB core during the 1.9.xx series?
(2018-08-16, 12:27 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-14, 07:18 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Also note that conversations and alerts aren't planned to be a part of 1.9, but may happen in another future release such as 1.10.

Ok... about that 'Conversations' thing.

What is the difference between 'PMs' and 'Conversations'?

I have read that elsewhere and I'm not totally convinced that adding 'Conversations' is necessary for MyBB. 

Alerts, on the other hand, should become part of the MyBB core. 
So many Admins request this feature. This can be coded to be toggled On or Off depending on Admin preference.
Why wait until 1.10.xx for this? I don't see the logic of putting that feature on hold.
Why not add the Alerts to the MyBB core during the 1.9.xx series?

Conversations is more real-time in a sense and allows for multiple participants to converse. I'd say this is definitely necessary if we want to keep up with today's standards and compete against social media sites.

The team's made some great progress with 1.9 as of late. We're (or most) all agreed that 1.9 needs to come out and it needs to come out quick mainly due to the responsive theme, so why would we delay this even more by adding another main feature to the 1.9 map? Adding alerts to 1.9 would probably set us back months.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6