MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MMB Hide Mod + 1.11.0 - All-in-one MyBB Hide Hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Looks neat. Questions:

- Can we purchase this addon permanently instead of having to subscribe? (Edit: Nvm, I just noticed in the first post that you can't purchase plugins separately lol)

- Can this addon hide the first couple of posts(admin defined) in a thread and then hide the rest to certain usergroups(also admin defined)?

Thanks
(2022-09-07, 09:02 AM)siloxic Wrote: [ -> ]Looks neat. Questions:

- Can we purchase this addon permanently instead of having to subscribe? (Edit: Nvm, I just noticed in the first post that you can't purchase plugins separately lol)

- Can this addon hide the first couple of posts(admin defined) in a thread and then hide the rest to certain usergroups(also admin defined)?

Thanks

Hi Siloxic,

We only provide access packs to the plugins. You can keep on using the plugins after your access is expired but you won't get the updates.

Considering the amount of plugins we provide, the access packs are fairly priced.

Regarding your second question, this plugin only works when a MyCode is used. Your description sounds like a great idea for another plugin though!
Hi Kevin, sorry I made a mistake regarding question 2. I meant if it's capable of showing the first couple or few posts(number defined by admin) and then hiding the rest of the thread/topic. This is ultimately what I'm looking for.

So if I subscribe to the beginner access pack for a week and install a plugin, I'll be able to use it forever unless an update happens right? In that case, I'll have to re-subscribe again to get the update.
Hide Mod Plus 1.10.0 released
A new year, a great time for an extra update!

Changelog
- Added support for announcements on the portal - those can now also use all of the hide tags currently working on regular posts.

Upgrade Instructions
- See 1.10.0 upgrade instructions on the changelog in the ModMyBB Plugins page.
- For upgrading from 1.9.0 -> Download the 1.10.0 plugin, overwrite the /inc/plugins/hidemodplus.php file

Download now from ModMyBB (instant product download)

@Siloxic: That sounds like a great idea, I'll check whether we can pick this up and come back.
You can use the downloaded plugins as long as you wish. To get the updated version of the plugins, you will have to re-subscribe if you don't have an active subscription anymore. Hope that clears it up!

Cheers
Hide Mod Plus 1.11.0 released

Being one of the hide mod plugins with the most features, it's time to add some more hide tags Wink.

Lightbulb In the meantime, I'm also working on major new features - stay tuned! 

Changelog
- New feature: minimum account age hide mod! [hide=accountage 1 year 6 months 2 days]contents to hide[/hide]
- It accepts a human language time format, and the account of the user reading a post will need to be older than the given time to unlock and read the hidden contents
- Including simple upgrade by deactivating and reactivating the plugin after overwriting the plugin files.

Upgrade Instructions
- See 1.11.0 upgrade instructions on the changelog in the ModMyBB Plugins page.
- For upgrading from 1.8.1 and above -> First backup. Then download the 1.11.0 plugin, overwrite the /inc/plugins/hidemodplus.php and inc/languages/english/hidemodplus.lang.php file. Deactivate and reactivate the plugin.

Download now from ModMyBB (instant product download)
Thanks so much for the addition of this feature! I purchased this plug-in and it's extremely useful -- sign-ups have increased markedly to view content that was previously accessible to anyone. It's also very helpful to be able to hide certain content from new accounts (throwaway registrations) and this update accomplishes precisely that.

Kevin is very responsive and open to suggestions for improvements/changes. He's working on another update which, in my opinion, will be a total game changer.
(2023-04-04, 05:07 PM)Digital Hedonia Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for the addition of this feature! I purchased this plug-in and it's extremely useful -- sign-ups have increased markedly to view content that was previously accessible to anyone. It's also very helpful to be able to hide certain content from new accounts (throwaway registrations) and this update accomplishes precisely that.

Kevin is very responsive and open to suggestions for improvements/changes. He's working on another update which, in my opinion, will be a total game changer.

Thanks Digital Hedonia! I appreciate your feedback Smile . I'm glad to hear my plugins are useful for your forums.

The major Hide Mod + update is currently in testing and I'm hoping to release it soon. This update will unlock many more possibilities.
Edit: Solved.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6