MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Required word needed for registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Has someone created a plugin or know of a modification that I can use that requires people enter a word or phrase in order to be able to continue with registration?

For example, there's an area on the registration page that asks the member, "which of these is red? cherry or banana."
The member would need to type cherry or get an error.

I know such a modification did exist before 1.2 was released, but I'm just now sure how to make it work since the upgrade. I never needed it before but now I do. I'll appreciate any help on this. Smile
Couldn't find the mod you were referring too, so made something in a quickie =P
New Group With 3 Settings [ Status, Question, Answer ], After the "Registration Agreement" there will be a new "box" underneath Image Verification, that displays the question you gave in and a textbox for filling in the answer. If its incorrect, and errors appears =P

New Group with 3 Settings [ Status, Questions/Answers Area, ErrorMessage ], After the "Registration Agreement" there will be a new "box" underneath Image Verification, that displays a random question. If the answer to it is incorrect, an inline error [(changable)] will appear.
Adding a new question : Make a New Line! And format your question like this; question|answer

Upload into your ./inc/plugins/ folder and activate, default status setting is "YES".
Thanks Lex! I wish I could figure this stuff out on my own, but I just have a mental block when it comes to figuring out most of this code!

It works fine, but I just wonder if it would be possible to have the error show up above the registration info, like a normal error, so the user doesn't have to use the back arrow to try again? Big Grin But thanks, either way!!! I appreciate it.
Will take a look at that tomorrow after work, now i'm off to bed.
No rush! I'm using it as is, but I just think that might be less confusing for potential members! LOL Big Grin
I'm thinking of modifying it so you can have multiple questions. If everyone is asked to identify the red fruit, soon spam bots will know to choose the cherry.
LOL...yeah, but you can always go in every once in awhile and change the question/answer yourself! Wink Though it would be cool if there were several questions/answers and it was picked at random!!! OOOH, this has so many possibilities!
OK; Updated. [ Attached In My First Post ] MultiQuestions + The error appears in the "inline_error" box =P
Update:
HowTo?
Deactivate, Reupload ( Overwrite if Needed ) and Activate.
LeX- Wrote:OK; Updated. [ Attached In My First Post ] MultiQuestions + The error appears in the "inline_error" box =P
Update:
HowTo?

I'm glad I checked back. I was actually building the inline error message. You saved me some time! Thanks!
rcpalace Wrote:
LeX- Wrote:OK; Updated. [ Attached In My First Post ] MultiQuestions + The error appears in the "inline_error" box =P
Update:
HowTo?

I'm glad I checked back. I was actually building the inline error message. You saved me some time! Thanks!

Will make a setting of the error message, so you don't have to edit the file cause some users overhere can screw up things easily with a simple edit Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4