MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Skype MyBB! 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Just read posts #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

mavericck
which means there is no fix for now Sad

thanks
You changed the Name of the plugin. So I installed the 1.4.1. version while having the 1.4.0 version installed too. Now I had some problems when deactivating one plugin I could not deactivate the other one. I just wanted to upgrade.

I got it working again by fiddeling around with the order of activating and deactivating. But what is the right way to upgrade? It seems, that all data (tables) of the plugin is deleted when decativating (the plugin has no option to get deinstalled). Is that the right way?
I've noticed a problem with this; it doesn't seem to work for Skype on Linux. It always shows me as offline; even when I am on. I'm using Skype on Linux.
(2010-03-27, 03:09 PM)halbwert Wrote: [ -> ]You changed the Name of the plugin. So I installed the 1.4.1. version while having the 1.4.0 version installed too. Now I had some problems when deactivating one plugin I could not deactivate the other one. I just wanted to upgrade.

I got it working again by fiddeling around with the order of activating and deactivating. But what is the right way to upgrade? It seems, that all data (tables) of the plugin is deleted when decativating (the plugin has no option to get deinstalled). Is that the right way?

You can just conitnue to use the 1.4.0 version. There are only small changes in 1.4.1 that can be useful only for first-time users.

(2010-04-02, 03:18 AM)TriloByte Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed a problem with this; it doesn't seem to work for Skype on Linux. It always shows me as offline; even when I am on. I'm using Skype on Linux.

The image is generated by skype.com site itself. The plugin links that image only. If you have problem with the online status when you are on linux, you should report it to skype dev team.

mavericck
Sorry but i have this error when i try to deactivate the plugin:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1091 - Can't DROP 'fid8'; check that column/key exists
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_userfields DROP fid8

How to fix this please?
First of all, thanks for dedicating the time to make a great plugin.
This plugin was working fine for me (with myBB v1.4) up until I upgraded myBB to the latest version (1.6 at time of writing). Now I get the error message saying theat 'the plugin is not compatible'.
Have you any plans to do an updated version of the plugin for v1.6?
Cheers.

EDIT: I've sorted it out by just changing the 'compatibility version' in the PHP file from "14" to "16".
Insead of showing the Skype button at the bottom of posts it shows the Skype Username (not liinked). I have only changed 'compatibility' => '14*' to 'compatibility' => '16*'

What am I doing wrongly?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7