MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backing up and Restoring Databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Isn't just possible to remove the above line of code? If I delete the DB from the server I get an "access denied" message b/c it doesn't exist.
well yeah why not to try.

regards
I was also wondering if it was possible to use eMods DB plugin as well?
I have no idea about emods db plugin Smile never used it
I think it's worth mentioning that cPanel users don't have to do any of this. There's a cPanel option for "Download/Restore Databases." If anybody reading this doesn't understand or just wants a simpler way to do it, please use the built-in cPanel backup utility instead Smile

I, however, would much prefer to backup the db on my webspace instead of downloading it (since I'm on dial-up and backups can take some time). I was not aware of how to do it via SSH, so thanks a lot for that!
Galen Wrote:I think it's worth mentioning that cPanel users don't have to do any of this. There's a cPanel option for "Download/Restore Databases." If anybody reading this doesn't understand or just wants a simpler way to do it, please use the built-in cPanel backup utility instead Smile

Hi

Where do i find this Cpanel? Been fighting with phpmyadmin for days now and cant get it to work Sad

Kris
Well Not all Hosts Have cpanel.
If your host have one go to: yoursite.com/cpanel (and log in with your account)
Glad I found this. Now I know how to back up my database! LOL..thanks!
I get this error. Need help!

"mySQL error: 2002
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:"
Your DB server *(mysql) is unaccessable. it is due the configuration error or teachnical problems, both depends to your hostings company settings. try your query some times later and if error repeates, contact your hosting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5