MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backing up and Restoring Databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Am I missing something with the following directions?

Quote:Restoring a backup with phpMyAdmin

1. To restore a database, you click the SQL tab.
2. On the "SQL"-page , unclick the show query here again.
3. Browse to your backup of the database.
4. Click Go.

How do you browse to your backup from that screen? I unclick the show query here again and I'm just left with the blank query screen???
Yo, I am trying to run the comand line code but keep on getting a 1064 error. Any Ideas?

mysqldump -u root -p databasename > backup.sql
judel Wrote:Am I missing something with the following directions?

Quote:Restoring a backup with phpMyAdmin

1. To restore a database, you click the SQL tab.
2. On the "SQL"-page , unclick the show query here again.
3. Browse to your backup of the database.
4. Click Go.

How do you browse to your backup from that screen? I unclick the show query here again and I'm just left with the blank query screen???

I'm stuck here as well!
Hi I made the sql file into a zip file and tried to import it to the database. Instead of not getting any thing I now getthis error message...

Error
SQL query:

INSERT INTO mybb_users
VALUES ( 2, 'Jah Sn', '0ebca9f371ce1dc0d1a37a229182ccef', 'Q6LKiV4y', 'dE2fEaEajA4VAWS8eKTeJH4LLKKmNMHQrDwwD2Wn3ue5mx4QdQ', '[email protected]', 0, '', 0, 2, '', 0, '', 1139163736, 1139164506, 1139164507, 0, '', '0', '', '', '', '', '', 'yes', 'no', 'no', 'no', 'yes', 'no', 'yes', 'yes', '', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 0, 0, 0, '', '', '+10', 'yes', '', '', 0, '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '71.138.6.00 '', 770, 1 ) ;

MySQL said:

#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
What does this mean and how can i get around it?
What options should I tick in Admin CP to Back-up my Dbase? - I forgot, it's been a while.

I am in the process of upgrading from 1.6.1 to 1.6.4

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5