MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Myspace Profile Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
xScopex, my site would be good to use as an example because it's using it. Just click a username anywhere in forums. But, I think profile pages can only be viewed by members. But, if U want to register, then it can be viewed. I don't know really how I would edit the permissions to allow guest to view profiles.

If register, then go HERE

I'm still somewhat of a newb, so I kinda don't know too deep in php yet. Matter a fact, this is first mod. That's why there was a few bugs and errors.

Everyone and anyone, can u tell me if any more problems so I can find solution. Thanx
That looks good, however, I think it would be better if the pages used MyBB's header, footer, and actually stayed within the theme of the board, not just on it's own style.

Nicely done, though, that must have taken a long time. Smile
Ryan, to have it in mybb structure should be as easy as adding

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-9">
$headerinclude
in head

$header
at beginning of body

and
$footer
at end of body

But, myspace stylesheets do kind of interfere with mybb headerinclude stylesheets and profile isless customizable by user.
Pic showing result included
Toplinks are not supposed to be white
and No green belongs on welcomebox
This is being picked up from ms profile's css

But, maybe if u open stylesheets of mybb and pick the things that the ms profile doesn't style and replace headerinclude with partial headerinclude css ?? I'll do some research. But right now, I gotta get some homework done for school so I might be away for about 24 hrs to catch up on stuff.
Tell me if you find solution for doing this because I don't think that would be that bad, actually. The user has a way to navigate without going back or to index. I'll try plan with css later and post when I have a breakthrough.

Bye
Also, I made it to have it's own style because...
U see (No secret myspace fans get mad at me) MYSPACE Sucks.Toungue
I only made this because I was going for a profile that is customizable by the USER using a myspace layout stylesheet in the bio box. I thought the members of a forum would enjoy that type of thing. The style is basically the main purpose. But I do agree that it would be great if I could figure out a way to get mybb components in there without interference between stylesheets.
Thats great! , I can't wait to try this out on my Forums Big Grin

Good Job, and much Props! - I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks, Zalaki. Hope it works good for you.Smile
It does look somewhat bland without the user's custom myspace css.
But, you can edit the css stylesheets included to set the default look of profile.
Wow, nice mod! Maybe you should put out a plugin version of this Wink... *whistles*
ahero4heor Wrote:Wow, nice mod! Maybe you should put out a plugin version of this Wink... *whistles*

Well, I would, but I'm still a newb in php. I created this because I'm good at html. It took me a while to set template in custom "member.php".

I really don't know how to make plugin php. Can someone help me out a bit on that, cuz I suck at PHP. I'm studying a few example php floating around out there to try understand structure, though.

At first php looks similar to C setup.
Any quick tutorials or somethin' for php.
Because, I wanted to make a plugin at first, but newbdom is blocking my php freedom. I'll see what I can do, though. This is way too big for mod.
Too easy to messup. Again, newbs can messup, so report any little bug.
Thanx

Anyone who uses it please rate on poll or tell me what u think of it.
I'm not gonna force link 2 me. But, if you want to link, you can link here or my site (I need traffic anyway... Don't really like a ghost town).

- Mykel
Very cool mod ! However, i tried using a myspace template, there seems to be some problem with the boxes layout....

It will be cool if mybb forum headers and footers are included with no interference !
@mykeled123: PHP does follow C/C++ syntax (as does so many other languages). If you know C and Javascript, PHP shouldn't be too hard to pick up. If you just know C, keep in mind that PHP is a scripting language, rather than a compiled language. Basically, it means that PHP will allow certain constructs which would be impossible in C. Common across most scripting languages is the eval() function (evaluates a string as code). PHP also offers things like function_exists() and so on.

Googling PHP tutorials should bring some basic things. If you have previous programming experience, PHP should be very easy. If you don't, then it may take a while, however, scripting languages are usually pretty simple (unless you're trying to do some complex tasks - primarily optimization).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9