MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Myspace Profile Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I was under the impression that MyBB 1.2.2 was the latest version.Well, my version checker doesn't work. Soooooo, how do I update if it's obsolete. I have never updated MyBB before.
Bump!!!!! Yea!!
Really clever idea! Big Grin I might just pitch it to my members. Is there an option of letting them choose which profile style they would prefer?
What they do is they get a simple myspace stylesheet from one of myspace generators floaating around out there and paste it into their "bio" field just like in myspace, you paste into your "about me" box.
I think that's pretty neat! Big Grin Sorry about the newbie questions!

I was wondering: if people decided they preferred the 'standard' MyBBoard profile layout, is there an option for them to keep that instead? I'm really asking because some forum members may not be fans of Myspace (shock horror I know :p) Thanks!

Just to re-iterate that it's fantastic that forum members can just copy/paste a generated layout like that from myspace into the box. Although as a forum admin, it is tempting to stamp down on the linkback things that come with those layouts.
Firstly I am still somewhat of a newbie, too. But I know HTML pretty well. Also, I hate Myspace! I just like the layout for their profile. People say "How can you hate Myspace! What's wrong with you!". And members here won't stop saying I'm a Myspace fan. Myspace sucks! I hope people will realize I have posted this before. Also, MyBB style is coming soon. I might just edit the css so that it looks like MyBB if no myspace stylesheet is entered. That should be sufficient. Right?
Would it be possible to have the user guestbook's plugin show on this? so its MORE like myspace?

wish it could be possible to make your own style but still fit in the container of my forums and etc
where can i find this plugin to tweak with it?
I think the custom CSS that you proposed sounds good, mykeled Smile Although, I just thought - it might be worth having a 'reset to default' option somewhere, which members can return to if they mess up their CSS. The default would essentially be the standard MyBB CSS.

I'm not really a fan of Myspace, but one has to think of forum members as well. And this is a great plugin idea to help people feel at home Smile Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9