MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Development Blog Launches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Chris Boulton Wrote:No, it will not delay 1.4 anymore.

The 1.4 articles are essentially written, the blog took less than 2 hours to develop.

Unless i missed it somewhere you or someone may wanna post a announcement or something of the sort that feature requests for 1.4 has been closed.

Other then that good work on the blog. Big Grin
Awesome! Been waiting for news about 1.4 too, and I think you're all heading in the right direction by launching the blog. You guys always come up with impressive stuff. Big Grin
HarryWx Wrote:

The 1.4 articles are essentially written, the blog took less than 2 hours to develop.

Unless i missed it somewhere you or someone may wanna post a announcement or something of the sort that feature requests for 1.4 has been closed.

why? Just because they don't make it in 1.4 doesn't mean they might not be in a future version.
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

why? Just because they don't make it in 1.4 doesn't mean they might not be in a future version.

IF 1.4 is almost complete why let people think they can get stuff added to it? Get what i am saying?

Nevermind on the rest of my post i had. Wont do any good anyways and just get you all worked up.
way to go guys.. awesome move
HarryWx Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

IF 1.4 is almost complete why let people think they can get stuff added to it? Get what i am saying?

That doesn't mean they should stop posting suggestions or stop thinking they might be in a future version. Posting an announcement would just make people think it's a waste of their time to add in their ideas and that's not what we want.

HarryWx Wrote:Nevermind on the rest of my post i had. Wont do any good anyways and just get you all worked up.

Please, don't start. It seems you are the one getting all worked up. I'm just here having a conversation and I'd like to keep it that way.
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:

That doesn't mean they should stop posting suggestions or stop thinking they might be in a future version. Posting an announcement would just make people think it's a waste of their time to add in their ideas and that's not what we want.

HarryWx Wrote:Nevermind on the rest of my post i had. Wont do any good anyways and just get you all worked up.

Please, don't start. It seems you are the one getting all worked up. I'm just here having a conversation and I'd like to keep it that way.

I am not starting and why i reworded my post.Wink I NEVER SAID people should stop making request. I am just talking about feature request for 1.4.
Well we've been mentioning already that MyBB 1.4 is feature-frozen. It's no big news now. We don't want to discourage people from posting suggestions, as any suggestions can be used for future versions.

A feature request is a feature request. I don't see why feature requests have to be tied down to a specific version.
DennisTT Wrote:Well we've been mentioning already that MyBB 1.4 is feature-frozen. It's no big news now. We don't want to discourage people from posting suggestions, as any suggestions can be used for future versions.

A feature request is a feature request. I don't see why feature requests have to be tied down to a specific version.

You ever read phpbb before 3 came out? People were still posting threads etc asking for this and that to be added to phpbb3. Remember we all may know that ( those who have been here for a while ) but most noobs may not.
One of the best things about this place is that it does remain pretty open about feature request unlike phpbb etc. Trust me last thing i would do is try to limit that.
HarryWx Wrote:You ever read phpbb before 3 came out? People were still posting threads etc asking for this and that to be added to phpbb3. Remember we all may know that ( those who have been here for a while ) but most noobs may not.
One of the best things about this place is that it does remain pretty open about feature request unlike phpbb etc. Trust me last thing i would do is try to limit that.
As always, when someone requests something it is up to the developers and project leader as to whether that feature will be included in the product at all. Once that is decided upon, it would then be decided as to what version it might be available in.

Regardless of that, this is discussing our lovely blog now. Smile
I look forward to the information that will be posted there shortly and also look forward to adding some of my own information, tips and tricks etc for others to benefit from (hopefully). Shy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5