MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do Schools Etc, Teach English These Days?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Is it me, or does anyone else have problems understanding some/many of the posts here?

While reading some posts, I have to wonder if teachers really are "that" bad at their job. Or is it because folks are just too lazy to write/type properly, or because they just can't be bothered to learn how to write/type properly?

I understand the fact that this is an "international" forum, but surely the poorly written posts can't just be blamed on the fact that for some/many folks English isn't their "native" language.

Folks come here for help, the least they could do is write/type properly, they can post however they like on their own forums, but they shouldn't make folks here who are willing to help. have to spend/waste time trying to decipher posts before they can try to help!

//gets off soapbox\\
I do my very best to be understandable. Toungue

Of course, English isn't everyone's native language, and of course (2) not everyone got an English course.
lufbra Wrote:Is it me, or does anyone else have problems understanding some/many of the posts here?

While reading some posts, I have to wonder if teachers really are "that" bad at their job. Or is it because folks are just too lazy to write/type properly, or because they just can't be bothered to learn how to write/type properly?

Correct. Why would a teenager worry about using proper grammar on the Internet? As you said, they just can't be bothered to type correctly.

(Although there are exceptions including me. I'm a teenager, and I try my best to use proper grammar and make my posts readable.)
Ahem, I am a teenager and I strive to use excellent grammar and English as prescribed by my ambition.
My elementary and high school taught "Pidgin" but called it English. Anyone who spoke proper American English was marked as an outsider and in physical danger.
I've typed the same way for 5+ years, trying my hardest to use proper grammar and spelling.
My days of being lazy and using text speak are over. I don't even do that in texts anymore.
I always strive to use correct grammar and spell things correctly, so my posts are readable. Smile

Thanks to my Firefox spell checker for spelling things correctly. Toungue
A language isn't a language without using it the proper way. I've taken grammar classes to assure thy perfection! if that makes any sense. Toungue
Although I have to admit, I do use improper grammar sometimes.
I know I like to abuse commas Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5