MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Waiting is TORTURE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:To be honest, our resources are very limited right now, due to personal commitments we all have (exam time and what not)

People who develop web applications have real lives? Who knew?

Quote:Also, we haven't found many suitable applicants for the developer role to bring onto the team.

Well, when you look at all the active developers here who know what they are doing.....its hard to be surprised about that. I'd like to think I could do it. I can't, but I like to think I can.

Quote:We appreciate your patience.

Thanks. We appreciate your effort.

On topic: The wait isn't bothering me anymore, it used to, but then I became a beta tester, and saw things you could never imagine (Think Willy Wonka's chocolate factory), and my curiosity was more sated. After the beta was released, I was excited and what was left of my curiosity flew away. Of course I don't have an active forum, or develop for MyBB regularly, so it doesn't bother me as uch as it would others.
labrocca Wrote:Anyone else feel like the wait for 1.4 release is pure torture. I fee imprisoned. I don't want to work on mybb at all because it seems so close yet week after week nothing happens. I have been telling my admins and moderators "wait till 1.4" for nearly a year. Heck..that's what I been telling mybb plugin users too. OMG it's getting to be torture.

When the beta was released I felt that we were within a month of release...it's been over a month and it just doesn't feel like it's going to be released as soon as I had hoped. I know mybb's official response is "it's done when it's done" and I ain't asking for a date. I am expressing my dissatisfaction with the LONG TORTUROUS waiting. Does mybb realize how on-hold the entire community is?

ugh

I thought developers are suppose to be patient. You know, when you get a bug that can never be fixed until you pull your hair, bash the keyboard, and delete the file you were working on. Toungue j/k

DennisTT Wrote:To be honest, our resources are very limited right now, due to personal commitments we all have (exam time and what not). Also, we haven't found many suitable applicants for the developer role to bring onto the team. We appreciate your patience.

No Worries. I don't know about the others but I'm as patient as a dead horse. Toungue
I can wait until the developers finish. Especially since I know how it is.
Well the waiting is also wearing me down too .... was kinda jumpy before but now it looks like it will take forever so I lose my interest in 1.4 ..... beside I already plan to change my forum software -_-
What is torture is that no one wants to make plugins for 1.2 anymore, like everyone here will just flock right over to 1.4 as soon as it comes out. I've spent a lot of time getting my forum the way I want it...and most of the plugins I'm using might not even be updated to work with 1.4. I hate the idea of starting over AGAIN.
DragonLord Wrote:Well the waiting is also wearing me down too .... was kinda jumpy before but now it looks like it will take forever so I lose my interest in 1.4 ..... beside I already plan to change my forum software -_-

Shun the Non-Believer Shunnnnnn (Sorry with the release of Charlie the Unicorn 2 I had to go watch the first one again).

But I think we are soon running into the problem PHPBB 3 had with legnth.

I'm not complaining and understand having a life. Especially that exam part Sad.
You guys don't see it, but we are making really good progress. MyBB 1.4 is 99.9% complete. We've already posted a progress report to the beta testers, for the next beta release which should be within a week or two. And after that it just depends on when we feel it's stable. We will also probably invite plugin authors / theme creators to start upgrading their plugins once the next beta is out.

I understand your guy's frustration but you must also understand that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, and for those that can, won't be able to because of extenuating circumstances.

I will be working throughout this weekend to complete 1.4 and test it as much as possible.
NetSage Wrote:But I think we are soon running into the problem PHPBB 3 had with legnth.

Are you kidding? phpBB has at least a 3 year lead on us in terms of length it took them.
I have a question, does the Mybb team do public beta releases like the Phpbb team or is Mybb a wait until it is final deal before it is released to the public?

I was hoping there might me a public beta, because I would of set a test board up for me and my members of my forum. Toungue
Why is everyone impatient? If you guys have nothing to do other than post up how impatient you guys are, you can go watch your lawn grow. (I did it.) j/k. Better yet, you can watch Tikitiki develop and curse the heck out of MyBB 1.4 when he gets stuck. Toungue
rcpalace Wrote:Better yet, you can watch Tikitiki develop and curse the heck out of MyBB 1.4 when he gets stuck. Toungue

Ah well, you missed most of that. When I was developing the themes page that thing is so d*mn complex. I swear. I would challenge anyone to figure it out in less than 48 hours.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7