MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Waiting is TORTURE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The wait for GTA4 is more torturous.
The Chosen Wrote:The wait for GTA4 is more torturous.

Tell me about it! but waiting for MyBBoard is some torture.....
xiaozhu Wrote:but isn't it going to be finished up soon?!
Of course. We're not here to deliberately torture you. We are excited as you are, as we bear upon the release of 1.4.
Lachlan Wrote:So if you think MyBB is bad, just look at phpBB3. Just look. Their comparison page is highly biased and unfair. It took them 5 years to code BB3, which was actually meant to be 2.2 but they got too excited and it wasn't compatible.
It's terrible practice to write your own comparison pages. 99% of people know you are being bias and will have a bad opinion of you from the start. Comparison pages should only be used by actual reference/comparison sites.
If people want a good comparison, go to forummatrix.org or alternatively just download the software yourself and pick which you find easiest to use.
DennisTT Wrote:
xiaozhu Wrote:but isn't it going to be finished up soon?!
Of course. We're not here to deliberately torture you. We are excited as you are, as we bear upon the release of 1.4.

Your absolutely right. Plus, since 1.4 isn't released MyBB can't run the official forums on 1.4 or on any other board that isn't for testing. (Hmm, they might be running a 1.4 admin panel. :|)
The nice thing about MyBB 1.2 is that it isn't at the same stage as PHPBB2 or SMF 1.1.X was before their new versions came out. PHPBB3 and SMF2 in my view are second tries when the software should have been done right the first time with PHPBB2 and SMF 1.1.X. Luckily with MyBB, it seems that the dev team got it right on the first try, so the 1.4 release isn't going back and fixing all of these mistakes they should have fixed the first time, like with PHPBB and SMF, it's just an improvement. PHPBB2 and SMF 1.1.X were both buggy and ugly, but MyBB 1.2 isn't, it just works, so waiting isn't as torturous as it was with the PHPBB and SMF updates because MyBB actually works without issue.

BMR777
BMR777 Wrote:The nice thing about MyBB 1.2 is that it isn't at the same stage as PHPBB2 or SMF 1.1.X was before their new versions came out. PHPBB3 and SMF2 in my view are second tries when the software should have been done right the first time with PHPBB2 and SMF 1.1.X. Luckily with MyBB, it seems that the dev team got it right on the first try, so the 1.4 release isn't going back and fixing all of these mistakes they should have fixed the first time, like with PHPBB and SMF, it's just an improvement. PHPBB2 and SMF 1.1.X were both buggy and ugly, but MyBB 1.2 isn't, it just works, so waiting isn't as torturous as it was with the PHPBB and SMF updates because MyBB actually works without issue.

BMR777

Not to mention both of those are STILL way outdated ( phpbb 3 especially ) and not even close to 1.2. Heck IPB 1.3 would still be considered ahead of phpbb3 and the newer SMF. Puzzles me how it took phpbb 5yrs to basically do what amounts to nothing except the new ACP/new skin/theme. No offense to modders here BUT phpbb can shove their modding way of doing things up where the sun doesnt shine. WHY phpbb will always be 3rd rate crapware. If i wanted that i would use punbb long before i would them. A number of others the same out there as well like that who prefer mods. MAIN reason why we DONT need another freeware like them and why i hope mybb never goes that route. NEED someone to step up to the plate and be different and as well give the paid scripts a real run for their money. Very much needed considering the amount of money those like IPB/vB now want and not to mention constant price jumps. BOTH have taken advantage of the market because of the free scripts refusing to add the extra's etc. Bad enough the money people have to put into their websites ( server/hosting/domain name/etc ) without having this added burden at their rip off prices. 1.4 should be a huge jump in the right direction and will be as good if not better then the paid scripts and again i only hope MYBB continues to further it and doesnt ever stop.

The waiting doesnt bother me now like it did but thankfully my staff for the time being seems to have forgotten about it as well. Toungue
Eh, I've grown used to waiting.

I waited for vB3 when it came out, I waited for MyBB 1.0, I waited for 1.2, hell I waited for Vista.

I come onto sites and look "Oh it's not out yet, ok." and go on about my business.

I've got better things to do then to idle on this site waiting for the new version to come out. Toungue
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Eh, I've grown used to waiting.

I waited for vB3 when it came out, I waited for MyBB 1.0, I waited for 1.2, hell I waited for Vista.

I come onto sites and look "Oh it's not out yet, ok." and go on about my business.

I've got better things to do then to idle on this site waiting for the new version to come out. Toungue

Wait you waited for Vista?

I think its just were spoiled here at MyBB Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7