MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Waiting is TORTURE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
NetSage Wrote:
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Eh, I've grown used to waiting.

I waited for vB3 when it came out, I waited for MyBB 1.0, I waited for 1.2, hell I waited for Vista.

I come onto sites and look "Oh it's not out yet, ok." and go on about my business.

I've got better things to do then to idle on this site waiting for the new version to come out. Toungue

Wait you waited for Vista?

I think its just were spoiled here at MyBB Toungue.

You can not say we are spoiled.... and yes some people did wait for vista and do not know why people hate vista its good if your computer can tack it...
Das Tier Wrote:and yes some people did wait for vista and do not know why people hate vista its good if your computer can tack it...
And if you only plan on using features from XP.
Let's not turn this into a Vista vs. XP thread.

But yes, I did wait for Vista, and got it as soon as I could, and probably won't turn back. I built my computer to run it, so why spend all that money on parts and run something that won't even fully utilize what I have.

The old parts are going towards a Linux PC. Big Grin

And quite frankly, I do think most people online are spoiled, if they can't get what they want now then they complain.
Because everything is so easily accessible Toungue. Imagine if you had to get MyBB from your corner store.
DennisTT Wrote:Because everything is so easily accessible Toungue. Imagine if you had to get MyBB from your corner store.

I'd gladly walk there. Smile
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:I'd gladly walk there. Smile

Here's one dedicated MyBB Fan.
I probably won't upgrade right away anyway as I don't want to break my template and the few plugins I have ...

All the same, the new Admin CP is enough for me to want the new one. Patience ...
As soon as MyBB 1.4 comes out and the plugins I need come out, I'll convert back to my good old friend MyBB Smile No offence, but I am not using 1.2 because none of the plugins are being updated (in anticipation for 1.4)... I am currently using phpBB3 and have had to edit files over and over again to install mods, pure hell. A blog mod for 1.4 would make me happy too Smile
I will wait at least 6 months from the MyBB 1.4 launch before upgrading. I have a customised theme and several plugins and I'll have to postpone the upgrade untill all these plugins will be upgraded to work with 1.4.

I am not dependent of the new AdminCP features and I know that I'll have to do a lot of tweaking and modifications for a successfull upgrade. That's why, for me, it will be best if 1.4 will be released as late as possible.
ok i see we must wait maybe 1 year
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7