MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] N.Design 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I like this theme. However, it looks odd not to have a bottom border and shadow for pages that don't fill the screen.

Thanks
Another quirk:

In version 1.2, the Posts and Private Messages links are no longer right-aligned in IE7. It works OK in Firefox and 1.0 works OK in IE7 - see examples in attachments (from IE7).

Version 1.0:
[attachment=11128]

Version 1.2:
[attachment=11129]
Hi David, I'm working on an updated release for MyBB 1.4.2 so I'll see if I can't add a bottom border.

I don't have a Windows machine to test IE7 though, if someone could provide some insight on what I've broken or what hack I should apply that would be helpful. My <span> seems to aligning right, but IE isn't pushing it to the right of its parent div like it should... I didn't keep the old version around, so if you have a copy of the 1.0 theme please post it for me.
(2008-09-26, 12:18 AM)quacktacular Wrote: [ -> ]Hi David, I'm working on an updated release for MyBB 1.4.2 so I'll see if I can't add a bottom border.

I don't have a Windows machine to test IE7 though, if someone could provide some insight on what I've broken or what hack I should apply that would be helpful. My <span> seems to aligning right, but IE isn't pushing it to the right of its parent div like it should... I didn't keep the old version around, so if you have a copy of the 1.0 theme please post it for me.
Many thanks. I might have been wrong - I felt sure it worked with version 1.0 but maybe this was with MyBB 1.2 when I first looked at it. I reloaded 1.0 under my current 1.4.2 build of MyBB to check and the behaviour is the same for both versions of N.Design.

I have attached an example of an IE page as well as a copy of the 1.0 theme for your reference in case you need it for some reason.
[attachment=11233]
[attachment=11234]
Thanks, that's helpful. I haven't forgotten, I'll take a look tonight or tomorrow.
Many thanks. I appreciate it. I know that these things take time and we've all got many things to do.
Any thoughts? If not, can you point me at what I should be looking at (what and where) and maybe I'll take a look if you don't have a Windows environment. Thanks.
It could be any number things, and I'm sorry I haven't got around to it yet.

Anything from an incorrectly closed tag (a span or div in this case), some malformed CSS or perhaps an Internet Explorer quirk.
I think it is to do with IE's quirky handling of floats and the span inside header_welcomeblock_member uses a float:right which I think causes a problem for IE. I'm not expert enough with styles let alone programming it to cope with Microsoft's bugs. :o(
I installed a Windows XP SP3 virtual machine today.. The latest IE7 seems to render N.Design properly (I'm using the stock version directly from my site.)

Can anyone reproduce the problem?
Most strange. I see the problem on three different XP machines. FF3 is OK on all three but IE7 isn't.

I also have some other templates that have essentially similar code for this component and work OK under IE7.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7