MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Umlauts in mass mailings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Umlauts do not show up properly in mass mailings (confirmed in Windows Mail, Outlook 2007, Thunderbird & Roundcube Webmail).
Quote:ß?öÄü
There's no problem with umlauts in user-to-user mailings.
Can you see if it's being passed through mb_send_mail or the normal mail() function? Can you give me an example to test on?

Edit does this work?
(2008-08-07, 12:34 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Can you see if it's being passed through mb_send_mail or the normal mail() function?
It's passed through mb_send_mail().
(2008-08-07, 12:34 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give me an example to test on?
Just send a mass mailing containing umlauts in the message and/or the subject.
(2008-08-07, 12:34 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Edit does this work?
Sorry, no. The problem still exists.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that would have fixed the problem for future mailings

(2008-08-07, 06:53 AM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]Just send a mass mailing containing umlauts in the message and/or the subject.

And if I find that my umlauts work fine, then what?
I just had time to test Outlook Express this morning. I just tested Thunderbird and Roundcube Webmail, too. There the same issue appears. Attached you find a screenshot of Thunderbird.

The Original Subject and message was "Test äöüß" and "Test Ã?öÃ?ß" is shown. Can any body else confirm this on other email clients?
Same here but in Windows Mail (Vista).
Subject and message.
(2008-08-07, 12:34 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Can you see if it's being passed through mb_send_mail or the normal mail() function? Can you give me an example to test on?

Edit does this work?

The attached file partly solved my problem.

The non-english characters appear properly except one.

[Image: char_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

There are ? instead of the "ő" character.
Hi,

Please try these files.

massmail.php goes in inc/tasks/
task.php goes in your main MyBB Directory
I've tried them but the 'ő' and 'ű' characters don't appear properly. There are still ? instead of them.
After the files of tikitiki the umlauts are delete...
Pages: 1 2 3 4