MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 1.3.x to MyBB 1.0.x/1.1.x/1.2.x Converter System Beta 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
ok cool

for imported id fields, could remove them affter convertion finish ?

other things :

- add topic's titles of each mybb post.
I know IPB don't include this function. it display only on first post of topic.
I think at that with, for exempe, thrash mod. the moved post haven't got title.

I hope you undestand me...

- imported avatar size. url avatar have imported fine but I can see with normal size (not reduce). and other imported avatar (they are in upload forder) aren't imported.

thanks again Wink
hi !

sorry again for my bad english...

another problem with member's avatars.

- for linked (from another host) member's avatars => display ok but not rezize.
- for imported avatars => don't disply because the link of avatars is "upload:name.jpg".
the "normal" link is "./uploads/avatars/name.gif"

when the new version come out ?
hi !

again me about imported polls :

for table mybb_polls, fields :

- numoptions => (maybe) ok
- numvotes => all values are ok. other egal to 0 (zero)
- timeout => some values are egal to 0 (zero). it's ok I think.
- closed => (normal values : yes/no) some values are "no". other egal to nothing (the field is empty)
- multiple => (normal values yes/no) some values are "no". other egal to 0 (zero)
- public => (normal values yes/no) some values are "yes". other egal to 0 (zero)
- importpollid => ??

for mybb_pollvotes, fileds :

- vid => (maybe) ok
- pid => (maybe) ok
- uid => (maybe) ok but if I see uid number. the value is not the same with uid from member table.
- voteoption => egale to 0 (zero) for imported polls. egal to 1 for normal poll
- dateline => egale to 0 (zero) for imported polls.

for imported pols =>

- display of poll are ok. I can see the % of total votes.
- if I wand see results of poll. I have got an error message "Invalid forum".
- If I want vote. I have an error message in french "Le sujet demandé n'existe pas." (the thread don't exist).
because, the thread's link (after redirect) is "mybb/showthread.php?tid=0".
but, if I return to poll, my vote has been add...

I wait next version Wink
So I've read through the 5 pages of this mod..... sounds interesting, and I take it it is still working and not broken?

Cheers,

Rob
Yes, does this still work?
Hi,
dont know at the Moment. I personally dont have a mybb on production site. I Wrote this Converter in the Past, to perhaps i can switch to mybb, but mybb have no session system (to give users the ability work without cookies), so i didnt switched. So i don´t worked anymore on the converter in my private time, only for the communiy here and patched some things there and there. The MyBB Team announced a Mybb Converter for some Systems, so i havent any motivation for my converter, when i never had a mybb board on a production site. Perhaps, i can look what a i can do, to work with the newest converter.
Yes, you should! Im sure MyBB could use your help on their converter. I cant imagine not.
hi !!

I come back but not a long time.... because, I more go to french mybb french support Wink

the converter work fine but it's not perfect. you must repair more thing after the convertion...

my mybb forum works fine Toungue
Just used this on an old IPB install 1.3.1
Issues to fix before starting:
1) The config for MyBB must have changed.
So every instance of
$config[hostname]
needed to be replaced with
$config['database']['hostname']
instead. You'll find this:

$mybb_db = mysql_connect($config[hostname], $config[username], $config[password], true);
	mysql_select_db($config[database], $mybb_db);

needs to be this:
$mybb_db = mysql_connect($config['database']['hostname'], $config['database']['username'], $config['database']['password'], true);
	mysql_select_db($config['database']['database'], $mybb_db);

Ten instances required changing like that, but also 40 instances of
$config[table_prefix]
to
$config['database']['table_prefix']

Another change required was in the usergroups. There is no "canaddpublicevent" and "canaddprivateevent" within the database, so remove one of them (I got rid of public event) and altered "canaddprivateevent" to "canaddevent" (just do a search on the file).

After that the script ran fine.

Not had a chance to go over it yet, but so far nothing shows in the forums - so will investigate and see if I cannot locate the source of errors.

Hmm, seems to be a series of errors. Incorrectly set permissions for "open" and "active" on all forums, let alone user permissions which mean anyone could see admin sections.
However, whilst the overview shows the forum correctly, trying to go into any forum/category renders an "invalid forum" message.

Hmm Big Grin

Permissions and others are norked by import.
Firstly:
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `active` = 1, `open` = 1 WHERE 1

By default, after import, no forums were visible.
Then parent id's were wrong.
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `parentlist` = `fid` WHERE type = 'c'
That's correcting the parentlist to be the forum id if it's a category.
The problem is then sub forums parentslist, which this may not be the most efficient way - but it works
UPDATE mybb_forums as fr, mybb_forums as t SET fr.parentlist = CONCAT_WS(',',t.parentlist,fr.fid) WHERE fr.fid != 0 AND fr.pid = t.fid
That sorts out the parents listings for non categories (can use fr.type != 'c' instead of fr.fid != 0).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5