MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The paperclip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2008-10-19, 02:33 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-18, 11:37 PM)Baldilocks Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I am just showing you what "has been" done with it. Both vBulletin and IPB have something similar.
How to improve on it is up to you guys & gals. Smile

How about having that info pop up via mouseover instead of having to Click it as you do with IPB/vB? Sorta like the tooltip preview thread plugin?

The only problem with this is if your scrolling down the page and it just pops up. It would annoy me anyway Blush.
(2008-10-19, 02:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]How would you improve upon this design?
Read one of my previous replies.
Basically, just include a link to the post, or a little preview of the post so that you can see the attachment in its context.
(2008-10-19, 07:46 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-19, 02:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]How would you improve upon this design?
Read one of my previous replies.
Basically, just include a link to the post, or a little preview of the post so that you can see the attachment in its context.

I like the idea of incorporating both of these. Big Grin
(2008-10-18, 11:31 PM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]Rather than blatantly copy what we've seen somewhere else, why not improve on it?

Well yeah, I didn't mean copy it exactly, but that screenshot was basically how I was imagining it could look.
Although i normally keep uploads disabled on client sites, the paperclip is nice because its just one of those touches, sort of like an Email client would display.
(2008-10-18, 11:06 PM)Baldilocks Wrote: [ -> ]Below is what it should do.....

That's what it does on my site with the "Attachments In Popup" plugin enabled.
I think the paperclip is useful.
(2008-10-19, 04:05 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem with this is if your scrolling down the page and it just pops up. It would annoy me anyway Blush.

Actually the "Thread preview on mouse over" really annoys me with the popup because the tooltip always is too big!
I think it's very useful especially for the administration. If you would remove it, I'll add it to my version again Wink
I like it, I'll start a protest if you remove it Confused Never knew that you could see how many attachments were posted though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11