MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The paperclip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
No decisions have been made! Smile

We just wanted a discussion and some feedback. If you've all voted and discussed your thoughts without jumping to conclusions then please, leave this thread be.

Thank you.
I don't want it removed. I want it to be enhanced or removed. A list of attachments in the thread with the ability to download any of them from a single menu would be great. Just having a paperclip pictured next to a thread is ridiculous.
(2008-11-13, 08:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want it removed. I want it to be enhanced or removed. A list of attachments in the thread with the ability to download any of them from a single menu would be great. Just having a paperclip pictured next to a thread is ridiculous.

That would be cool. As for the rest i still dissagree. As said it serves a usefull purpose even without the enhancements that would be nice to have.
(2008-11-13, 08:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]A list of attachments in the thread with the ability to download any of them from a single menu would be great.

I said that ages ago.
(2008-11-13, 08:56 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-13, 08:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]A list of attachments in the thread with the ability to download any of them from a single menu would be great.

I said that ages ago.

I'm certainly not claiming this is a unique idea! Just a good one!
Toungue Yeah realistically there's not really any way of improving it other than making it a clickable list, and a direct link to download would be good. I had this sort of thing in mind:

[attachment=11670]

So you get a list, and double click to download it direct. I mean that would be really good.
* Imad Jomaa starts to protest "Keep the paperclip! Keep the paperclip! Keep the paperclip!"
Suggestion:
Put a comment line arround paperclip in template- evrybody who wants to keep it removes this line Wink
(2008-11-15, 11:13 PM)LS 134 Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion:
Put a comment line arround paperclip in template- evrybody who wants to keep it removes this line Wink
Seems kind've pointless considering not many users would be amped enough to remove that line just to remove a feature.

Why not make it so we can turn the paperclip on and off in the Admin CP?
Because that would be more bloat. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11