MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [FREE Release] Match Rank (clan match reporting and ranking system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Plugin Name: Match Rank
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 1.0 Beta
Plugin License: http://www.mybbcentral.com/free_license.txt
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.4x
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 5 php files plus 4 images
Plugin Description: This is a match ranking system. The best comparison and use may be for clan matches but this will work for anything that's match based like chess or games like Bakugan.

This is a complex plugin which won't be for everyone. It's very specialized for reporting and ranking matches. It's perfect for clans and other games that are match based. Match Rank will keep scores and provide a special ranking algorithm that's based on ELO (google it).

DEMO: http://www.bakuganforum.net/match_rank.php

Thank you.
(2008-12-03, 07:15 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]...google it...

OK, I did...

The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in two-player games such as chess and Go.

"Elo" is often written in capital letters (ELO), but it is not an acronym. It is the family name of the system's creator, Arpad Elo (1903–1992, born as Élő Árpád), a Hungarian-born American physics professor.

Elo was originally invented as an improved chess rating system although it is used in many games today. It is also used as a rating system for competitive multi-player play in a number of computer games, and has been adapted to team sports including association football, American college football and basketball, and Major League Baseball.
-source

I'm interested and impressed. Smile

< Extra info >
You might want to know I've been putting off paying the upgrade fee at your forum.
For me, it's not about $5, I'm urgently trying to teach myself how to write useful code.
</ Extra info >

(2008-12-03, 07:15 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]...This is a complex plugin which won't be for everyone...

This plugin looks really interesting.
I registered a long time ago at your forum (different user name), and never 'bothered' to upgrade, now I will very soon.

Thank you very much.
I commissioned this from Labrocca and I'm glad it's finally complete Big Grin It lived up to my expectations perfectly.
Quote:I'm urgently trying to teach myself how to write useful code.

Sometimes having good example code is the best way to learn.
This is an amazing plugin labrocca, but I run MyBB 1.2 - is there any chance you could convert it to that since I run 2 gaming tournament sites that have clan wars and this would be a dream come true!
(2009-01-06, 08:05 PM)ddmp Wrote: [ -> ]This is an amazing plugin labrocca, but I run MyBB 1.2 - is there any chance you could convert it to that since I run 2 gaming tournament sites that have clan wars and this would be a dream come true!

You'll need to upgrade to 1.4 to use this plugin.
good job Labrocca. I like it Big Grin
Is this free or it cost?
fantastic...............
Glad to see this getting attention again. Hopefully Jesse can find time to do some small updates to this soon.

(2009-01-07, 05:13 AM)06partyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Is this free or it cost?

You have to have a MyBB Central Subscription.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5