MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Imported users login to a white screen - $10 if you provide the answer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This bug has been fixed in the latest version of the MyBB Merge System.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update for the MyBB Merge System will be released which contains this fix.

With regards,
The MyBB Group
Please try this file: (goes in inc/plugins/)
Great job labrocca! Big Grin +1 imaginary rep.
^^ wow
that fix the problem XD i wish I find this post sooner

sorry for the problems and thank you again Big Grin
Well that fixed the blank members.php page, but now my users are getting an error stating that they need to enter an image verification, but no image shows. When they try again, the image shows, but the board says they have "-1" more login attempts, indicating they am permanently blocked. This all started happening as soon as I swapped out the loginconvert.php file so it has to tie in together. Any ideas?
(2009-02-05, 10:56 PM)Kamen Wrote: [ -> ]Well that fixed the blank members.php page, but now my users are getting an error stating that they need to enter an image verification, but no image shows. When they try again, the image shows, but the board says they have "-1" more login attempts, indicating they am permanently blocked. This all started happening as soon as I swapped out the loginconvert.php file so it has to tie in together. Any ideas?

This was already reported and fixed and a patch already exists in the MyBB 1.4.4 Fixed Bug Reports forum in the thread with the reported issue.
(2009-02-06, 03:46 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-05, 10:56 PM)Kamen Wrote: [ -> ]Well that fixed the blank members.php page, but now my users are getting an error stating that they need to enter an image verification, but no image shows. When they try again, the image shows, but the board says they have "-1" more login attempts, indicating they am permanently blocked. This all started happening as soon as I swapped out the loginconvert.php file so it has to tie in together. Any ideas?

This was already reported and fixed and a patch already exists in the MyBB 1.4.4 Fixed Bug Reports forum in the thread with the reported issue.

That's an important enough bug imho that you should just update the existing package. I personally don't think it calls for a release but people are still downloading that bad file. It makes mybb look like it doesn't work for logins. A very basic and yet important function.
(2009-02-06, 03:46 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

If you are referring to the CAPTCHA login protection bug post, then that did not work as I already have the {$captcha} code in that template. Anything else?
(2009-02-06, 06:28 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]That's an important enough bug imho that you should just update the existing package. I personally don't think it calls for a release but people are still downloading that bad file. It makes mybb look like it doesn't work for logins. A very basic and yet important function.

It only happens if you screw up your password 3 times in a row and under special circumstances at that.

(2009-02-06, 02:34 PM)Kamen Wrote: [ -> ]If you are referring to the CAPTCHA login protection bug post, then that did not work as I already have the {$captcha} code in that template. Anything else?

You need to update the file with the patch.
By "patch" do you mean the modified members.php file that is listed within that thread? Because that and the {$captcha} code are the only two things I am seeing as far as fixes and neither of them work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5