MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Biggest MyBB users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
PHP_Paul Wrote:I have to say that I go on vBulletin forums that have over 1.5 million posts regularly and nothing breaks with that script.

Why would post count matter?

It's because it's made by full-time developers and it's been out longer and tested much more and has much more programming. It also costs you an arm.

What do you mean why would post count matter?
That NCAA site is huge. :O
Want to share the site link too? >.<
hehe, we're no match for NCAAbbs, but we're still quite a big forum.

and once 1.4 is released, I can get working on things that'll make it an even bigger forum Wink
D4rkDrago0n Wrote:hehe, we're no match for NCAAbbs, but we're still quite a big forum.

and once 1.4 is released, I can get working on things that'll make it an even bigger forum Wink

When mybb 1.4 hits after 4 months there will be at least 50 members on or more
destroyer Wrote:http://ncaabbs.com/forums/

Site is bigger one but it has a lots of bugs about its theme. I dont understand how a site grow up very fastly like that? I think it hasnt different things...
NewAge Wrote:
destroyer Wrote:http://ncaabbs.com/forums/

Site is bigger one but it has a lots of bugs about its theme. I dont understand how a site grow up very fastly like that? I think it hasnt different things...

No bugs I'm aware of. It hasn't grown "very fastly" but instead in spurts since it was founded in 2002. If you understood who the alternatives were for what we're doing, you'd see we were far superior.
PHP_Paul Wrote:I have to say that I go on vBulletin forums that have over 1.5 million posts regularly and nothing breaks with that script.

Why would post count matter?

I run a VB site..stuff breaks all the time why do you think they have updates? Read their change file and you will see all the bugs they have to fix...they make it worse by constantly adding crappy feature to the core which no one needs. It's a mess.

And the bigger your site...the more scared you are to upgrade. Upgrading normally breaks every mod/plugin and requires hellish work to get it all back. I update mybb for 35 installs in just a few hours...most of that time is just uploading files. Each update really only takes about 10 seconds and I never have anything break in template or plugins. VB certainly can't say that. They force reverts on template changes all the time and it creates a nightmare. Mybb has done a great job of showing what needs to be changed to work.
Labrocca you pretty much said all that needed to be said there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10