MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] My_vBulletin_Style v 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Mustard green and purple don't really go...
I agree, very ugly color combination.
These colors are awful :s

try to use this in our your next themes ghazal

Safe Color Schemes/Combinations
I agree it is not the best looking theme but with a few colour changes and some replacement buttons it could be a theme for those that want a vB look. The saying does go "don't judge a book by it's cover" doesn't it?
I would go with any vB alternative theme over this, any day. If you're going to make a theme based on vB, at least use decent color combinations.
(2009-06-01, 11:10 PM)AussieSB Wrote: [ -> ]The saying does go "don't judge a book by it's cover" doesn't it?

I think that I am improving in graphics, surely one day I will improve this
(2009-06-02, 03:15 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-01, 11:10 PM)AussieSB Wrote: [ -> ]The saying does go "don't judge a book by it's cover" doesn't it?

Hi gazal

That was a compliment of sorts... I meant that people should not discount the theme just because of the way it looks....

Cheers
(2009-06-02, 06:12 AM)AussieSB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-02, 03:15 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi gazal

That was a compliment of sorts... I meant that people should not discount the theme just because of the way it looks....

Cheers

uh that's sort of what themes are about

there are loads of vB-style skins out there that aren't hideous
(2009-06-02, 07:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]uh that's sort of what themes are about

Like I said.... The saying does go "don't judge a book by it's cover" doesn't it?
(2009-06-02, 08:23 AM)AussieSB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-02, 07:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]uh that's sort of what themes are about

Like I said.... The saying does go "don't judge a book by it's cover" doesn't it?

unfortunately that saying isn't relevant in this context

the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" works because a book is words, whereas the cover is an image. the two often have very little relation to each other; in fact, most authors don't have any input on cover art at all

in this case, people are judging a theme based on its appearance; and, considering a theme for a board is its appearance, you're essentially telling people "don't judge a book by the words written within it"

nice try though
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6