MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] My_vBulletin_Style v 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sorry but I've heard my work is ugly/not good/hideous before and if I am passionate enough of what I am doing it will not discourage me.

A person on the graphic industry has to hear things like that at times, not everyone likes the same thing. Though I think it's pretty unanimous here when we say that you have to work on your graphics. Your quality is poor, graphic wise, you should REALLY take in consideration spending more time on graphics.
(2009-06-02, 02:02 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
Ryan Loos Wrote:It seems to me that as soon as you see the word ugly, bad or horrible in a post you automatically assume they are insulting you, but they are only stating their feelings on your work.
No... I can face those feelings But saying the similar "hideous" words in all the posts, whether I post in a Theme section , or whether I post in Plugins forum, will make a developer loose heart, These words will never elevate your skills,
You may convert those feelings by saying some appropriate words, But argueing in such a fasion is strongly horrible dream for what he/she hopes for !!

But what they are say is kinda true. We (Well I) Don't mean to put you down. We give people our opinions and it seems just as a confidence that the opinions for all your themes are the same. You should take it in and use that advice and constructive criticism to help you create better themes but for some strange reason you wont take it in.

Giving up after quite a bit of bad feedback wont solve anything and it shows you have no determination to prove other users wrong.

لیکن کیا وہ کا کہنا ہے کہ یہ بھی خطرناک ہوسکتے ہیں. ہمیں (مجھے) کو اپ کا مطلب نہیں ہے. ہم لوگوں کو ہماری اراء اور ایسا لگتا ہے کہ اس کی رائے ہے کہ اعتماد کے لئے اپ کے اثار انتخاباتی ہیں. میں اپ کو یہ مشورہ ہے کہ اور استعمال کو تنقید اور تعمیری ماحول بہتر اثار انتخاباتی اپ کی مدد کے لئے اپ کو وجہ کچھ عجیب و غریب عادت لیں. دینے کے بعد ایک کرچ کافی خراب فیڈبیک کے کچھ حل ٹیو اور اس عزم ظاہر نہیں اپ دیگر صارفین کو غلط ثابت ہوگا.

^If it helps Confused. Doubt it will though
Well , I said that Positive + Constructive critisim is always accepted to encourage more and more for new comers in this community,

I saw last night that Jesse also wants some feedabck on his mybbcentral theme to enhance his skills and members in the post replied to it accordingly, you will Never see in this post any one destructive comment...

I am also a niebiew in developing these themes, and never wants to get money for them, You can visit and see on my forum that I posted all the themes in FREE Themes forum except one Theme...

What I have to say, Just made a constructive + encouragement comments, otherwise, You can also think about yourself, that if you make any theme, by spending the whole full day, and then came to know that members say to this "Ugly" "Hedioes" then what your feelings will be ??

It is really hard to accept for a developer to get such feedback
(2009-06-02, 03:01 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]I saw last night that Jesse also wants some feedabck on his mybbcentral theme to enhance his skills and members in the post replied to it accordingly, you will Never see in this post any one destructive comment...
The comments we give are not distructive either they are comments to make it better. He got negative feedback about the theme from people who didn't like the look, or didn't like bits of it.

(2006-09-25, 12:35 PM)RobertProductions Wrote: [ -> ]i dont like the bg and logo..

The rest is perfect Wink Wink
(2006-09-25, 12:49 PM)IMPAQ Wrote: [ -> ]The colors are off. The teal is hard on the eyes. Not sure what the playing card suits have to do with MyBB.
(2006-09-25, 02:23 PM)SnakEyez Wrote: [ -> ]There are a couple items I am not sure about. First, is the gradient background. It seems a little bright, but I guess it is ok once you get used to it.

Second are the borders around the forums & categories. The side borders are orange, while the top & bottom borders are black...

(2009-06-02, 03:01 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]I am also a niebiew in developing these themes, and never wants to get money for them, You can visit and see on my forum that I posted all the themes in FREE Themes forum except one Theme...
Oxymoron? You are a newbie, you don't want money for your themes, but you have a theme that is paid?? From the quality of your work, none of yoru themes should be "paid".
(2009-06-02, 03:01 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]What I have to say, Just made a constructive + encouragement comments, otherwise, You can also think about yourself, that if you make any theme, by spending the whole full day, and then came to know that members say to this "Ugly" "Hedioes" then what your feelings will be ??
Reason why I'd rather spend a month or more working on a theme, I am working on one, if you haven't noticed, and I have both positive and negative feedback about it, but it makes me want to do it better.
(2009-06-02, 03:01 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]It is really hard to accept for a developer to get such feedback
=\
and what about the words that spoke by Brad ??

I didnot want to make this release theme thread to make such kind of discussions any more...

Thankyou
MMMM i don't like the colors..
(2009-06-02, 03:40 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]I didnot want to make this release theme thread to make such kind of discussions any more...

If you meant that you won't be making releases threads, I think some users would appreciate that. Seriously, if you're not willing to take any criticizing at all, nor willing to improve; it is senseless to post your releases here.
There's not very much difference between constructive criticism and the criticism we're giving you. You release a theme which is rather *ugly*, and expect, what, people to say it's beautiful or something? You're not putting much effort into this. You change very few little with each new theme, receive the same criticism, the same comments, and yet you still respond the same. What are you expecting? You're basically posting the same theme, over and over, and somehow expecting different comments. It isn't going to change until you do.
(2009-06-02, 02:16 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Though I think it's pretty unanimous here when we say that you have to work on your graphics. Your quality is poor, graphic wise, you should REALLY take in consideration spending more time on graphics.

That´s the good think about thread ratings, lately... I didn´t use it until these multiple ghazal theme releases Huh

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-20860.html

these safe color combinartions are perfect, most mybb theme designers follow them almost intuitively... if they don´t, our feedback will try to improve it. Just hear them
Combo Wrote:If you meant that you won't be making releases threads, I think some users would appreciate that.
I didnot meant that. I mean to continue this kind of discussions any more in this very thread...

Guys please sit down and think what I have to say...

I said that "Posting such words into the threads would make any one loose his/her courage."

Secondly, Whenever I post some good stuff Like
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-50655.html
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-50701.html
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-50627.html

then these members will never reply to that release thread, and whenever they saw some ugly type of stuff (as they call it ugly) then they will immegiately respond to it, making the atmosphere suddendly change...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6