MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] My_vBulletin_Style v 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ghazal, if you just posted your themes as Works In Progress in theme discussions, rather than releasing your themes, and then in those threads asked how you could improve, things probably wouldn't be as volatile around here. Put more efforts in to your themes and look up Photoshop tutorials. You cannot keep releasing your skins like this and then getting so defensive when people don't like your work. This is as much your fault as it is everyone else's, and is probably more yours than theirs. You also have to be willing to improve yourself as a designer if you ever want people to say nice things about your themes, but be warned, even the most amazing themes on the internet are not universally loved.
(2009-06-03, 03:11 AM)Sodacake Wrote: [ -> ]Ghazal, if you just posted your themes as Works In Progress in theme discussions, rather than releasing your themes, and then in those threads asked how you could improve, things probably wouldn't be as volatile around here. Put more efforts in to your themes and look up Photoshop tutorials. You cannot keep releasing your skins like this and then getting so defensive when people don't like your work. This is as much your fault as it is everyone else's, and is probably more yours than theirs. You also have to be willing to improve yourself as a designer if you ever want people to say nice things about your themes, but be warned, even the most amazing themes on the internet are not universally loved.

One thing i can say is that i have noticed that people tend to ignore the development forum and even the support forum unless there is a issue of some sort. This i know because i have a thread in BOTH and only 1 comment about a theme i have been working on and still no replies for the help i asked. Not saying to not post it there first but am saying that it would help if alot of those giving feedback would actually visit those forums when such themes are being developed. Maybe then you wont have what you do in this thread either.
Yeah, I agree.
Thanks Guys for feedback,
Well, I am putting more time in developing mycodes ...
Hopefully learn the webdesigning OR tutorials regarding photoshop aswell

Thankyou
Don't release themes then and only release MyCodes.
(2009-06-04, 08:58 AM)Combo Wrote: [ -> ]Don't release themes then and only release MyCodes.

Why ? ... Is this is your's own forum ??
Or I have to gain permission from YOU to release themes or not
Combo is right. You seem to be a better coder than designer. I suggest you ditch theme making and devote your time to MyCodes and plugins.
(2009-06-04, 02:56 PM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you ditch theme making and devote your time to MyCodes and plugins.

What do you mean by ditch ??
Ditch just means to stop something or get rid of it. 'I'm going to ditch this idea I had because I have no time', just means not do it basically, it's not offensive...
More of a friendly suggestion, than anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6