MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] My_vBulletin_Style v 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Bay Brad Wrote:there are loads of vB-style skins out there that aren't hideous
Do you have any other words except calling the same hideous and ugly related words in all the posts ??
(2009-06-02, 08:27 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
Do you have any other words except calling the same hideous and ugly related words in all the posts ??

After seeing this theme, I am amazed I can find any words at all.
so you then just spoke those irritating words... ?
There are points where so-called "constructive criticism" simply isn't appropriate or meaningful anymore. You are not taking any of the advice you are given, you are simply reworking the same bad concepts repeatedly and putting them out there. You cannot expect that people are not going to speak their mind about them, especially considering the sheer volume of it that you post. It seems every time I come here you have a new half-hearted theme or plugin, and the most insulting part is you have the gall to elevate yourself to the point of charging for it.
ghazal, Bey Brad is not insulting you. He's giving feedback on your work.
ghazal, can you please stop using Times New Roman in your images? It looks bad and unprofessional.
(2009-06-02, 08:23 AM)AussieSB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-02, 07:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]uh that's sort of what themes are about

there are loads of vB-style skins out there that aren't hideous

Like I said.... The saying does go "don't judge a book by it's cover" doesn't it?

That saying cannot be used on a theme. Confused

(2009-06-02, 08:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-02, 08:27 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]

There are no other words, the colours, images and even the templates don't look right.

After seeing this theme, I am amazed I can find any words at all.

Agreed.

(2009-06-02, 08:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]There are points where so-called "constructive criticism" simply isn't appropriate or meaningful anymore. You are not taking any of the advice you are given, you are simply reworking the same bad concepts repeatedly and putting them out there. You cannot expect that people are not going to speak their mind about them, especially considering the sheer volume of it that you post. It seems every time I come here you have a new half-hearted theme or plugin, and the most insulting part is you have the gall to elevate yourself to the point of charging for it.

Constructive critism that ghazal never listens to, it's pointless. On countless occasions have I given some good feedback that has taken me a good 10 minutes to type but you just ignore it.

I'm not being harsh but when you create these themes and decide to release them, do you honestly think they will look good?
Combo Wrote:I'm not being harsh but when you create these themes and decide to release them, do you honestly think they will look good?
Yes I think that it should be good looking...I also thinks that some body will try to elevate my skilss by giving constructive feedback, some will give me negative feedback just to give me the idea to enhance my skills... But never believs that I face such kind of dishurting comments as Brad calls Hideous and ugly words !!
People have stated time and time again that they believe you need to spend more time on themes, colour combinations and images.

It seems to me that as soon as you see the word ugly, bad or horrible in a post you automatically assume they are insulting you, but they are only stating their feelings on your work.

At the end of the day the community here are the ones who are your customers. If you don't listen to them then you are not going to be very successful.
Ryan Loos Wrote:It seems to me that as soon as you see the word ugly, bad or horrible in a post you automatically assume they are insulting you, but they are only stating their feelings on your work.
No... I can face those feelings But saying the similar "hideous" words in all the posts, whether I post in a Theme section , or whether I post in Plugins forum, will make a developer loose heart, These words will never elevate your skills,
You may convert those feelings by saying some appropriate words, But argueing in such a fasion is strongly horrible dream for what he/she hopes for !!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6