MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] Edit MyCode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Title:
=========
Edit BBCode

Short Description:
=================
The Edit BBCode puts an Edit area in the threads of Your MyBB Forums. It provides the moderator to write their own words, as why they are editing the post...

Regular Expression:
================
\[edit\](.*?)\[/edit\]

Replacement:
=============
<div style=" background-color: #B5C7CE; -moz-border-radius: 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px; border: 1px solid #666; padding: 4px;" ><strong>Edit: </strong>$1</div>

Enabled:
=======
Yes

Parse Order:
============
Give Value whatever you like...

How to use:
============
[edit]YOUR TEXT[/edit]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++\
SEE SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED FOR FURTHER DETAILS:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++/

[Image: 832f924939c30bab55784bc1918c322a.gif]
How can you stop the user from editing this out?
ghazal Wrote:It provides the moderator to write their own words, as why they are editing the post...

Didnot read the full post ??
(2009-06-04, 06:33 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
ghazal Wrote:It provides the moderator to write their own words, as why they are editing the post...

Didnot read the full post ??

I did. But can't the user just edit it out of the post?
(2009-06-04, 06:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I did. But can't the user just edit it out of the post?

are you kidding with me or doing it for yourself
editing BTW is only allowed to mods, how simple members edit any other user's post without setting the permission by the admin in ACP ??
But if this is a BBCode, how can only Moderators use it?
BBCodes are global I thought
(2009-06-04, 06:58 PM)No0oB Wrote: [ -> ]But if this is a BBCode, how can only Moderators use it?
BBCodes are global I thought

Please read the whole thread again
ghazal Wrote:The Edit BBCode puts an Edit area in the threads of Your MyBB Forums. It provides the moderator to write their own words, as why they are editing the post...
FYI This function only applies to mods, for editing other users posts,
NOT own posts
It's just a div. If you edit this into a user's post, they can go back and edit their post and remove it. You're not getting it.
Quote:NOT own posts

You're right, the original post author can edit the post and remove the moderator's edit. Mind you, that would call for immediate banning, LOL.

Cheers,
Gene
This is a better choice
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/modnotice-v12-mybb-14

thanks anyway
Pages: 1 2 3 4