MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] Edit MyCode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-06-05, 09:37 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What about someone figuring out the MyCode and using it in their own posts??

Easy to get the code. Just quote the post with this Mycode in it.
Ah yes, forgot about quoting, even if you lock the posts after the mod edits them, you can still quote that post.

labrocca has a staff MyCode but he's done it so only staff can use it. IIRC if a non-staff member uses it it just shows the MyCode, doesn't parse it.
FYI this mycode only applies for Moderators, to edit other users posts, How any other simple users will edit other's posts,
I can't know the words, How can I understand you Guys, that this MyCode will be NO use for simple users,

However one thing ... If users tries to edit their own posts, then they can make a note , as why they edited it, just like vB...

Otherwise , all moderators can edit their own posts, aswell as others posts, by giving such notes in their posts after editing
But there's nothing there to limit it to only mods, ghazal. I just used it on my test forum, used it as a normal user. If a moderator edits my post, and uses this, all I need to do is quote the post, and I will see the MyCode, and I can then use it.
Yes that's what I am trying to say, Users may use this MyCode only on their own posts for editing, making a note of why they edit the post ?
Secondly, what I said for Moderators, Mods, can edit other users Posts, and may or may not make a note for editing...
(2009-06-05, 09:57 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]FYI this mycode only applies for Moderators

(2009-06-05, 10:28 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Users may use this MyCode only on their own posts for editing, making a note of why they edit the post ?

Contradiction...??

I believe Doug made an edit reason plugin, that adds a little box to type in and I don't think it can be edited out again.
Nah, No contradiction, I am trying to say that Both the users aswell as Mods, can use this mycode, but users use for their own posts, and Mods can use for all ...
Ghazal pardon me please , but if u dont mind i like to say

i tested and this mycode is really usefull if u like to Highlight something like i modified to test in this way
Screenshot

[Image: 308xhxc.gif]

Its really not good with the Edit code in my opinion, but very usefull if we use it to Highlight something.

You idea was good but application was little bit fussy. Bcoz anyone can play with Edit Code.
I think you guys are still confused in using this mycode,
What this MyCode does for you, just like here by default, when user post a reply,
and then realizes to change the text something, then a Text will be shown on the Title Bar of that particular post Like
This post was last modified: Today 10:46 AM by ghazal.) Post: #26
Right ?
What this MyCode do for you, It actually enables the users to make a note (if they want it to do so) while they are editing... right ?
While Moderators will make a note (if they want it to do so) on their own posts , OR on other users posts while editing...
I think this wil simplifies the issue Smile

Next what the screenshot you provided symbolizes the same aspect, here you just modified the default Replacement code which I provided, and wants to make a note of Attention...
But I suggest you to not use this , as this is kinda useless as it is saying "We are Upgrading the rest part" ... what do you actually want your users to say this ??
Yes, what we're saying is, well what I'm saying at least, is that having a box saying the reason for your edit is one thing, but using a MyCode for it probably isn't the best way. Having a text box on the edit page, where you put the reason, would be better, and then that reason is put into a box that can't be edited out or quoted. Right now, when someone edits a post, and someone else quotes it, the edit reason in the box will be quoted too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4