MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bing Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anyone tried Microsoft's new search engine? Feels like rubbish, what do you guys think?

http://bing.com
I didn''t like it either.
Google is one of those things that has the majority of the market share and it is extremely unlikely that anything will ever seriously deduct from that share. Google has so much more stuff than Bing and is much more established. Google's become a verb, Bing will be like Yahoo and Ask Jeeves, in the shadow of Google.
I added my forums sitemap to bing and registered with their webmaster tools.

It's not very useful right now, but it's probably too early to pass judgement. On the other hand I don't see much difference to MSN Live Search, some pages even still use that name instead of Bing so it's really just the same old with a couple enhancements and marketing.

Let's see where it goes.
The only thing good about Bing is their image search. It beats out Google's by a long shot.
Bing is such a weird name for a search engine. Well maybe that's just because actually I know someone who is called Bing...
It still uses the Microsoft algorithm, you can't expect to much from it Toungue
The original name was Kumo, isn't it?

Anyway I like the part where it is the preview of the websites.
(2009-06-08, 03:37 AM)xiaozhu Wrote: [ -> ]The original name was Kumo, isn't it?

Anyway I like the part where it is the preview of the websites.

I thought it just replaced Windows Live search, and i hate that preview thing! What is the point of having a preview thing that you have to put your mouse over and takes a few seconds to load when you can just open the page in that time!
No comparison with google atall
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5