MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] Users Browsing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
veryi good.
Can you Release "Users Browsing Thread today" or " Users Online Thread today" or " Users Online today in Thread"
Three is just like, its name is different
(2009-07-22, 03:10 AM)Pars Wrote: [ -> ]veryi good.
Can you Release "Users Browsing Thread today" or " Users Online Thread today" or " Users Online today in Thread"

A feature like that requires keeping track of every view of a thread by every user, thats alot of data and will be quite a performance hit on boards with alot of active members visiting the same threads. I'm not sure if its worth the hassle
any pics for this ?
(2009-07-22, 11:22 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-22, 03:10 AM)Pars Wrote: [ -> ]veryi good.

A feature like that requires keeping track of every view of a thread by every user, thats alot of data and will be quite a performance hit on boards with alot of active members visiting the same threads. I'm not sure if its worth the hassle

but i need.
thanks.
Pars Wrote:but i need

LOL, would you like fries with your order?

(couldn't resist)
Gene
(2009-07-24, 01:18 PM)KiLLMasTer Wrote: [ -> ]any pics for this ?

Here you go:

[attachment=14852][attachment=14853]

First post also updated with these screenshots.

(2009-07-24, 03:59 PM)Pars Wrote: [ -> ]but i need.
thanks.

If time permits I might make one like that but don't hold your breath.
G33K Wrote:If time permits I might make one like that but don't hold your breath

IMO, your plugin is great as it is, don't go out of your way to author another one simply to satisfy 1 user.
Now if anyone wants to jaz it up a little try this.

ACP --->Templates------->Showthread templates and then look for the following and add what i have BELOW {simularthreads}. See below for a example of how it looks.

{$quickreply}
{$threadexbox}
{$similarthreads} ( Below here is what you are adding and no you dont add this )
<br/>
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <thead><tr><td class="thead"><strong>Online Users</strong></td></tr></thead> <tr><td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">{$usersbrowsing}</span></td></tr></table>
<br />

Once you add that look towards the top up where {header} and {pollbox} is and remove {$usersbrowsing} and then save it.

End results.
[attachment=14857]
(2009-07-24, 10:11 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Now if anyone wants to jaz it up a little try this.

ACP --->Templates------->Showthread templates and then look for the following and add what i have BELOW {simularthreads}. See below for a example of how it looks.

{$quickreply}
{$threadexbox}
{$similarthreads} ( Below here is what you are adding and no you dont add this )
<br/>
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <thead><tr><td class="thead"><strong>Online Users</strong></td></tr></thead> <tr><td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">{$usersviewing}</span></td></tr></table>
<br />

Once you add that look towards the top up where {header} and {pollbox} is and remove {$usersviewing} and then save it.

End results.

First, its {$usersbrowsing} and not {$usersviewing}

I have made use of the template system for this very reason, so you can theme it the way you want to.
Check the usersbrowsingthread_* templates under the global templates section where you can theme the user list and the put any tables around it, I recommend that you make your changes in those templates and as such in the showthread template you will only have to move the {$usersbrowsing} to where you want to place it.

Doing it this way will make it such that when you uninstall the plugin it will not leave elements that you added in showthread since all your additions will have been done in the global templates.
(2009-07-24, 10:36 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-24, 10:11 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Now if anyone wants to jaz it up a little try this.

{$quickreply}
{$threadexbox}
<br/>
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <thead><tr><td class="thead"><strong>Online Users</strong></td></tr></thead> <tr><td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">{$usersviewing}</span></td></tr></table>
<br />

Once you add that look towards the top up where {header} and {pollbox} is and remove {$usersviewing} and then save it.

End results.

First, its {$usersbrowsing} and not {$usersviewing}

I have made use of the template system for this very reason, so you can theme it the way you want to.
Check the usersbrowsingthread_* templates under the global templates section where you can theme the user list and the put any tables around it, I recommend that you make your changes in those templates and as such in the showthread template you will only have to move the {$usersbrowsing} to where you want to place it.

Doing it this way will make it such that when you uninstall the plugin it will not leave elements that you added in showthread since all your additions will have been done in the global templates.

Fixed.. Was in a hurry and thats what i had used for the other plugin ( Lex's ) that does this.

Oh and thanks as well. I did not even notice that. Blush It works as is and i know where it is at so i'll change that later and start adding it that way when i redo and add my next theme i am working on. Again thanks for the tip and nice plugin. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5