MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] Users Browsing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Nice plugin, I'll install it later.
Awesome.
Thanks!
why your plugin dosen't work?
I active your plugin in administrator panel and my themes isn't standard so i write {$usersbrowsing} after header in showthread.

But it doesn't work.. why? Sad
(2009-08-16, 10:34 PM)Vicar Wrote: [ -> ]why your plugin dosen't work?
I active your plugin in administrator panel and my themes isn't standard so i write {$usersbrowsing} after header in showthread.

But it doesn't work.. why? Sad

The plugin works, please double check that you are placing the {$usersbrowsing} in the correct place. If you're using non-default theme then {$usersbrowsing} needs to be put in showthread template of your installed theme.
If you're still having problems then you can PM me with your board url and a temporary admin account that I can use to check it out with.
Ok, - G33K - now i send a pm and when you register in my forum you write in chatbox so you are temporary admin account Smile
- G33K read a pm Smile When you finish all wirte in chatbx so i delete you account Smile
(2009-08-17, 07:12 AM)Vicar Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, - G33K - now i send a pm and when you register in my forum you write in chatbox so you are temporary admin account Smile
- G33K read a pm Smile When you finish all wirte in chatbx so i delete you account Smile

I've fixed it for you, you can go ahead and delete the temp account, and by the way, the problem was not the plugin, the problem was your templates, the showthread template was all messed up, its fixed now.
Oh thank youuu Smile
Very nice plugin, but I am reluctant to install it in fear of additional load. I'm administering a forum with about 500 active users (members and guests) at each given moment and I wonder what kind of performance hit I'd get by the additional queries. I guess it has to check each and every thread and since the forum already has ~8,000 threads that could be quite an overhead.
(2009-08-20, 08:03 AM)bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice plugin, but I am reluctant to install it in fear of additional load. I'm administering a forum with about 500 active users (members and guests) at each given moment and I wonder what kind of performance hit I'd get by the additional queries. I guess it has to check each and every thread and since the forum already has ~8,000 threads that could be quite an overhead.

You should not get any performance hits while using this plugin.

One, the plugin uses the already existing session data that mybb uses to find out where a user is in order to display user's activity/location, as such the only load the plugin adds is fetching that data and styling it.
The plugin also caches the templates it uses, including its own, further reducing unneccessary queries/load.

What all that comes to is this: using this plugin adds only one single query to the queries on showthread. Performance hit? I think not.

If you're still not sure, I recommend you watch the page generation times shown in debug info and compare them while the plugin is activated and when its not.

On a side note, to all users who are or are going to use this, I recommend using Users browsing forums too to give the forum a uniform look Wink
Nice, sounds pretty compact then Smile I'll give it a try, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5