MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All postcounts 0?? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Recently there have been quite a few threads made with a problem where all post counts are 0, and post counts don't increment. To solve this issue, follow these three steps below.

Go into phpMyAdmin and run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';

This is needed because, if you have this problem, this is set to 0 for all forums, meaning posts won't be counted.

Next, go to the MyBB ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > find the 'forums' cache, and click Rebuild Cache. This is necessary when editing forum settings via phpMyAdmin.

Finally, go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount and Rebuild > run the first 4 in the list. This will just recount all of the stats and post counts to their true value.

After that, everything should be running as normal.
(2009-07-14, 11:46 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Recently there have been quite a few threads made with a problem where all post counts are 0, and post counts don't increment. To solve this issue, follow these three steps below.

Go into phpMyAdmin and run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';

This is needed because, if you have this problem, this is set to 0 for all forums, meaning posts won't be counted.

Next, go to the MyBB ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > find the 'forums' cache, and click Rebuild Cache. This is necessary when editing forum settings via phpMyAdmin.

Finally, go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount and Rebuild > run the first 4 in the list. This will just recount all of the stats and post counts to their true value.

After that, everything should be running as normal.

no change again....not coming....i have set int(1) and default (1),,,and done cache....no change....
Check what the setting is in the ACP for each forum.
(2009-08-24, 12:52 PM)abcd789 Wrote: [ -> ]/.../
no change again....not coming....i have set int(1) and default (1),,,and done cache....no change....

Did you do Matt's advice with order exact as he wrote?
(2009-08-25, 12:22 AM)DamYan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-24, 12:52 PM)abcd789 Wrote: [ -> ]/.../

Did you do Matt's advice with order exact as he wrote?

yes i do wht he told....i have loged into my cpanel..der i have opend phpadmin...der i hav done wt he said...int count is already 1 is der...and after dat.....in cachemanager....rebuild cache...everything done..but still no solution...i have kept manualy post count for profiles...bt it was again changed to normal....i have made many posts but it is showing 1 and some others who had made postings....for them not showing single post count....in my prostats....i thnk the problem is prostats mod.....wt do u say,....thnku in advance...
It sounds like you've changed something in the column settings, it doesn't say to do that, you need to run the given query on your database, then rebuild the cache.
(2009-08-25, 12:32 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you've changed something in the column settings, it doesn't say to do that, you need to run the given query on your database, then rebuild the cache.

usepostcounts int(1) No 0 Browse distinct values Change Drop Primary Unique Index Fulltext

its is der in dat....now wt to do tell plzz.....and now my site also not opening...not after m doing dat change...i have mad dat change in the yesterday evng...from last nght this msg coming...

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server

so plzz tell dis....and tell how to run the dat query....
Yes, it doesn't say anywhere to do that.

Click the SQL tab at the top and paste the query into that.
works great for me.

just make sure you disable the post count for trash forum before recount everything.

btw. there must be auto refresh stuff there.
i have to click about 100 times for the rebuild/recount to finish.

tnx!
me too , works great for me . I tried for 3 times and works
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5