MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myBB has poor documentation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Why...?? Quite a few people have mentioned it, we can't give 'credit' to people just saying they want it... Confused
(2009-07-30, 11:13 PM)Prudens Wrote: [ -> ]still I think I deserve a credit in there for bringing it up now.
Oh wow. That's definitely a great reason for you to get credit, even though you haven't developed anything. Rolleyes
(2009-07-30, 11:13 PM)Prudens Wrote: [ -> ]still I think I deserve a credit in there for bringing it up now.

are you for real

HEY MYBB, YOU SHOULD TRY DEVELOPING A NEW DEFAULT THEME.

OH? YOU'RE GOING TO DO THIS INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS THING THAT YOU'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR A WHILE? MAKE SURE TO GIVE ME CREDIT FOR IT THEN
Man, stop flamming me for bringing up this great idea... u know you wanted it.

Only if you did some real contribution. It's been in the works long before you ever came round and posted your nonconstructive complaint.
(2009-07-30, 11:30 PM)Prudens Wrote: [ -> ]Man, stop flamming me for bringing up this great idea... u know you wanted it.

Yes, it's been wanted since it was first bought up months ago.... Undecided The suggestion for this documentation is nothing new.
WTF is up with you and the documentation? When I was searching why MyBBoard.net was down, I saw a post on MyBBCentral and you kept complaining about the documentation. If it's that bad, go make your own?
How is he supposed to do that? He needs the documentation, but somehow he's supposed to know how to write one??
(2009-07-31, 01:53 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]How is he supposed to do that? He needs the documentation, but somehow he's supposed to know how to write one??

He can figure it out like all other modification creators have done. In my opinion it isn't that hard to figure out.
So everyone is just supposed to 'figure it out' because there are no hand railings for them to use? I agree the method of request wasn't too great, but you can't just say to everyone "Oh, go figure it out because MyBB doesn't have a complete documentation!" I thought our intentions were to attract plugin & theme devs with an easy to learn and use interface, not make it difficult for them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6