MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The hell with Firefox, IE8 prevents you from vomiting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I hate it and run *Nix Toungue
(2009-09-16, 05:47 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]You say you hate Windows/microsoft yet most people that say that still use it. Could it be you just don't like paying for things?

If i pay for something i atleast expect and deserve a small amount of functionality and quality.
microsoft offered none, that's why i bought a mac.
Also i run Ubuntu.

@T0m
You know it makes sense ^^.

Btw, here a pro mac anti microsoft thing

[Image: 2lj6r.png]

I have to add.
I PREFER LINUX ABOVE ALL.
I just like mac enough to buy it.
Same reason why people buy windows, only i get what i paid for, the others get fraud and ripped off ending with useless code from twats.
I like linux because its man helping man. Not man selling to man/
I hate Linux because sometimes they latch on to the most stupid reasons for doing the most stupid things. A refusal to have a stable kernel API? What benefit could you possibly get from that? And don't even get me started on their retarded display system.

I like OS X because it has the user friendly part on the surface but if you really want power it will give it to you.

I like Windows because it's easy to develop games with the nice, consistent-across-all-GPUs DirectX.

I like Linux because it's free. Other than that I try to avoid it.

My browser of choice would have to be Firefox, because it has everything I need in most cases, and most likely has an extension for those times I need it.

For all of you hating on Windows because "it sucks," let's see you do better.
Oh I get it. In this commercial, IE7 doesn't have private browsing, so upgrade to IE8! They're just comparing moldy milk to sour milk if you ask me Toungue

(2009-09-16, 07:58 PM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]If i pay for something i atleast expect and deserve a small amount of functionality and quality.

Do you need help installing it or something? It works fine for me, and the rest of the people using it?

As for quality, I don't see how linux exceeds it, but it;s your choice, not mine right? Toungue
(2009-09-16, 09:56 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I hate Linux because sometimes they latch on to the most stupid reasons for doing the most stupid things. A refusal to have a stable kernel API? What benefit could you possibly get from that? And don't even get me started on their retarded display system.

I like OS X because it has the user friendly part on the surface but if you really want power it will give it to you.

I like Windows because it's easy to develop games with the nice, consistent-across-all-GPUs DirectX.

I like Linux because it's free. Other than that I try to avoid it.

My browser of choice would have to be Firefox, because it has everything I need in most cases, and most likely has an extension for those times I need it.

For all of you hating on Windows because "it sucks," let's see you do better.

You need to go back deep into the history of operating systems, Unix was the first multi-user, multi-process operating system created. Long story short, Minix, XINU, BSD, Linux and all sorts were created, then Microsoft's stuff moved in. My point is, if you really go down to the root of the operating system and compare it to others around such as Linux and variants of it, you'll notice that Linux and its variants are far more stable in terms of the core than Windows. Microsoft just seem to cover it up well with a bit of gloss and no-brainer functionality.

Additionally, you're a game developer, so I feel for you, Linux is definitely not a gaming environment.
Linux however is a much more suitable game platform.
As it runs far more stable, drivers perform much better and system requirements are lower, thus giving more resources available to the game process.

Linux exceeds windows quality in all ways.
Stability, safety, user friendly, availability.
And it does what you need it to be.

The difference is that people call linux hard or not working.
But that's just what you do yourself.
You want to change your desktop environment.
In windows that is not possible since it's all wired to explorer.exe
With linux you CAN change it, however even if it's not that hard, it won't be easy out of the box, but a trial and error of an hour will be far then enough.

So linux gives you options that windows doesn't.
It doesn't mean these options are easy, but atleast you got them.
change 1 file in the windows dir and the whole system will crash.
Hell i even had crashes whilst updating from service pack or just normal updates.
and support ? oh no, not without paying 60 euro's a question which will not help anyway as i tried that.
( Did you install the service pack... YES I strawberry DID, there goes 60, how do i fixed it.
can you use recovery CD, no because now i have different service pack, there goes 60... ).
I have to post something on a linux forum and i will have my answer within an hour if not minutes.

And what about the retarded display system.
It even has multiple so if you don't like one you choose the other.
If you don't like looks, change desktop environment or get theme packs.
The ONLY benefit that windows has is that it runs games.
But that's now also falling behind, as with wine and crossover platforms getting improved i even run things like guild wars or neverwinter nights 2 better on linux then windows, even though my XP pc has higher specs...

Use arguments before just shouting.
No one likes fanboys...
(2009-09-16, 07:42 AM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]Typical microsoft propaganda,
Saying theirs is better then the other, whilst it is still the worst piece of code of all....
( Windows SUCKS, microsoft word has officially been awarded with the worst output code that any program can make and now they claim IE8 is way better then Firefox ? )
Hell even the file browser which is also an internet browser in SLAX is better then IE8...
Failed commercial,
Epic fail of microsoft.
I already have enabled that IE8 users are unable to visit any of my web pages.
IE7 still get warning messages telling them to upgrade their browser to latest version firefox/opera.

People are actually dum enough to use it.
Proves again you can sell any piece of orange, microsoft does it all the time.

Yet they still have, what, 90%+ of the total computer market? They must be doing something right.

You have nothing to back up your "argument" with, other than giving a personal opinion about SLAX's system. You continue to say that Windows "sucks," when in fact Windows is probably the best OS out there (seriously, let's consider for a moment their aforementioned market share (90%+), pile on the vast array of stupid people, every fuckin' combination of hardware from every vendor, and people like you who bash their products without any fact. They still dominate). OSX runs on a line of specifically-tailored hardware, and Linux is a hobbyist OS that has no place in any real-world, valid, realistic discussion (Ubuntu comes close to being the exception).

What appalls me most is that you have the audacity to actually prevent users from accessing your site simply because IE came preloaded on their computer, or they have little to no knowledge of technology. I can't believe one would try to hold his or her site back by trying to block a huge portion of all browsers. Why the hell would you do that?

Oh, next time you try to call people dumb and misspell it, please smash your face into your desk a couple times. I hear it helps with stupidity.

EDIT: I noticed you posted again, and while I laughed my lime off while scanning, something made me fall off my chair with a hernia:
Quote:Use arguments before just shouting.
No one likes fanboys...
Quote:Linux however is a much more suitable game platform.
As it runs far more stable, drivers perform much better and system requirements are lower, thus giving more resources available to the game process.
Is that why I seem to have troubles with 64 bit versions of linux? I mean everything ran perfectly fine with a fresh install of Vista or 7.

Quote:Linux exceeds windows quality in all ways.
Stability is arguable as well I can't get most of my used programs to even run on Linux. Safety, well it's a false sense of security as well with Vista windows really pushed for not allowing things to happen without users approval. Linux isn't as secure as people think out of the box. It's just that well no one goes after it as no one uses it. Why make a virus for something that most people don't use?
User Friendly? Your kidding right? Linux is still far from user friendly if you want to do something other than browse the web or check email. Even then it still has trouble with wireless nic cards. Availability I can't argue as it's free.

Quote:The difference is that people call linux hard or not working.
With linux you CAN change it, however even if it's not that hard, it won't be easy out of the box, but a trial and error of an hour will be far then enough.
http://windows.kde.org/ Yes, there are no alternatives to the default windows manager Rolleyes.

Quote:So linux gives you options that windows doesn't.
What options are these exactly? And, wasn't linux user friendly just a little while ago?

Quote:change 1 file in the windows dir and the whole system will crash.
Hell i even had crashes whilst updating from service pack or just normal updates.
and support ? oh no, not without paying 60 euro's a question which will not help anyway as i tried that.
( Did you install the service pack... YES I strawberry DID, there goes 60, how do i fixed it.
can you use recovery CD, no because now i have different service pack, there goes 60... ).
I have to post something on a linux forum and i will have my answer within an hour if not minutes.
I have never paid for support for windows. Actually I've never need it.

Quote:And what about the retarded display system.
But that's now also falling behind, as with wine and crossover platforms getting improved i even run things like guild wars or neverwinter nights 2 better on linux then windows, even though my XP pc has higher specs...
Wine is far from support windows programs. Does photoshop CS3 even work right yet? Now, the better running thing most likely has to do with fact that linux has a smaller footprint not that the games actually run better.

No one likes fanboys...
Ok, I did. I've used linux a number of times. And, a few of these times were over a few months where I only used linux on my personal computer. I love the idea of linux I really do. But, it still has a long way to go before I'll switch. And, even if it does become the best without the support of hardware and software companies it will be for nothing. Besides I think Windows 7 is the greatest OS I've used yet.
(2009-09-17, 09:04 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Linux however is a much more suitable game platform.
Is that why I seem to have troubles with 64 bit versions of linux? I mean everything ran perfectly fine with a fresh install of Vista or 7.

All linux users should admit atm, 64 bit fails
Quote:
Quote:Linux exceeds windows quality in all ways.
Stability is arguable as well I can't get most of my used programs to even run on Linux. Safety, well it's a false sense of security as well with Vista windows really pushed for not allowing things to happen without users approval. Linux isn't as secure as people think out of the box. It's just that well no one goes after it as no one uses it. Why make a virus for something that most people don't use?
User Friendly? Your kidding right? Linux is still far from user friendly if you want to do something other than browse the web or check email. Even then it still has trouble with wireless nic cards. Availability I can't argue as it's free.

How does programs and drivers have to do with the OS? Linux as an OS works fine. Little bugs. If you look at updates (Even in windows the odd time) Most of them are for secondary products. Windows as a whole runs fine. Most of the issues are security aren't they? (I don't know anymore with vista last i used was XP)

Quote:
Quote:The difference is that people call linux hard or not working.
http://windows.kde.org/ Yes, there are no alternatives to the default windows manager Rolleyes.
Thats still a linux made app, that they shared. Doesn't count. Though i am almost sure there is more for windows though.
Quote:
Quote:So linux gives you options that windows doesn't.
What options are these exactly? And, wasn't linux user friendly just a little while ago?

To repackage the os and give it away? I like that the most Toungue
Quote:
Quote:change 1 file in the windows dir and the whole system will crash.
I have never paid for support for windows. Actually I've never need it.

Windows does do that. And if you make an error, and can't use a computer, hey look what your forced to do. Hence why they should make a Live free cd. So people can.
Quote:
Quote:And what about the retarded display system.
Wine is far from support windows programs. Does photoshop CS3 even work right yet? Now, the better running thing most likely has to do with fact that linux has a smaller footprint not that the games actually run better.

There are plenty of things you can use instead. Gimphoto for one.

Quote:
No one likes fanboys...
Ok, I did. I've used linux a number of times. And, a few of these times were over a few months where I only used linux on my personal computer. I love the idea of linux I really do. But, it still has a long way to go before I'll switch. And, even if it does become the best without the support of hardware and software companies it will be for nothing. Besides I think Windows 7 is the greatest OS I've used yet.

I hate the GUI, for me its Gnome until it dies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5