MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone running Linux?

I'm using 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope (Ubuntu) and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

I have had no compatibility issues *yet*... [crosses fingers]
Tried Ubuntu and Mint but my laptop only gave me crappy resolutions, 800x600 and 640x480.
I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 as well.
I'm using Archlinux.
I'm using Debian 5.0 on my server (Great OS), Windows on my desktop though.
(2009-10-13, 03:40 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Archlinux.

Very good, but not recommended for a newbie, well im using Debian, but I want to try with Arch Smile
I have Ubuntu 8.03 (I think), Hardy Heron on my laptop dual boot with Windoze XP. Ubuntu is great for surfing the web but useless for anything else. None of my software works on Ubuntu and I've played around with WINE enough to know it's useless for Ubuntu.Angry
I have Ubuntu (specifically XUbuntu) installed (as well as Vista and Leopard). The thing I hate most about Linux is it's poor multi-monitor support. Vista handles it best, and I'm sure if I were using a Mac, Leopard would be just as good (if not better), but Linux's support just makes me want to punch babies. And don't even get me started on lack of first-party drivers.

The things I hate most about Linux:
* X11
* Retarded "No stable kernel API" mindset
* Lack of official UI standard
* Absurdly easy to break things if you're still learning
* "Developers that want to feed their families are evil" mindset

If I need a Unix-like environment, I'll either fire up MSYS or boot into Leopard.
(2009-10-13, 05:30 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]but Linux's support just makes me want to punch babies.

I'm sorry but that made me laugh so much.
Wink
I agree Fire. But i don't mind the lack of first party drivers. I also don't like the mindsets. But i love being able to be free. Thats what i love. If i want someone to look at a program, i can just it to them, and not be sued.
Pages: 1 2 3 4