MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User option - Disable word filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I built this plugin to allow users to disable the word filter in post and PM message bodies. It does not impact filtering of subjects, announcements, and other places word filtering happens.

By default, the option is unchecked in the user options and the admin can override the setting to not let users disable the filter, regardless of the user setting.

Uploaded to Mods site: http://mods.mybb.com/view/word-filter-option

Update: Version 2.0, Nov 3, 2011
  • Made compatible with MyBB 1.6.5 plugin hook changes

Update: Version 1.2, April 19, 2010
  • Now compatible with MyBB 1.4.13

Version 1.1, Nov 1, 2009
  • Added support for group based permissions. In ACP, edit a group and there is a new tab called Word Filter.
  • Added language support (minimal language needed, buts it there)
  • Simply overwrite existing plugin file, uninstall, reinstall (due to DB field update for group table).
  • Your users will all be reset to not disable the filter because the plugin will drop the setting field and reinstall it but its simple for them to fix

Version 1.0
Original release
Good, this would be good for younger people.
Very nice plugin! Great job!
Good job. Have you consider making this a group allowed option? I am sure it would be handy if you do that.
I have thought about it, but I have not done much with mods to the ACP so I'd need to learn how to mod the group permissions page first.
yes, group setting only.. good idea Smile
I've update the plugin to allow specific permissions via ACP edit groups page.

Only thing I have not done is make the User CP option not show if the group permissions is disabled. However, I prefer a consistent interface, so I left it, just does not apply if the group perms do not allow it.

if user is in multiple groups, 'yes' wins (can disable wins)
(2009-11-01, 05:53 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I've update the plugin to allow specific permissions via ACP edit groups page.

Only thing I have not done is make the User CP option not show if the group permissions is disabled. However, I prefer a consistent interface, so I left it, just does not apply if the group perms do not allow it.

if user is in multiple groups, 'yes' wins (can disable wins)

please update this to work with 1.4.12
once 1.4.12 stabilizes from the few issues we are seeing, i will look into what needs to get updated.
(2010-04-15, 02:58 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]once 1.4.12 stabilizes from the few issues we are seeing, i will look into what needs to get updated.

excellent.
Pages: 1 2 3 4