MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi, i am wanting to make a new theme but i dont know how to. Can anyone tell me how to please?

Thanks.
hehe squirrel , so what i said in the other thread was little bit confusing Confused ??

lol, unfortunatly yes. The other thread was abit confusing to start with so i just made another one dedicated to themes.
ok look !!

let's start now with the images, we will not talk about the theme manager until u finish with your images.

point to ./images , see all these photos, these are used to be displayed in mybb, just make ur own, name the same as the original one! and upload them to ur server under ./images.
it's like replacing the original images, with custom things of ur made.

ok now once u understand this point we can move more forward, but try it 1st, and notify us.

chaw
Thanks. I new about that it was a fear if i wanted the old one back and the files were replaced.

I have found and are making all of the images. Ill notify you when im done.

Thanks.
ok the next step, is something between themes manager and the images, it's the table header and rows images, i guess u know them right ??

so these will be found in the imgaes folder,
tcat_bg
thead_bg
etc..

so in the theme manager,
u may add these images, or any simillar images of ur made this way.

for each category u will find a Background field.

so let;s imagine u want to change the weclome panel background, and make it a photo.

scroll and find the welcome panel
add to the backgound filed

#013c74 url(images/Light/thead_bg.gif) repeat-x

repeat-x represent that the image will be repeated all over the X axis (horizontal)
repeat-y as verticaly
no-repeat as u want it as it is
repeat will make x and y

actually it depend on the image u are using

now finish this step, and we will move forward

chaw
I am hoping for it to look somthing like this... But much better quality as it was done on paint.
ok it's clear the dark green,(of course will be with a little effect) will be an image that will be put in the baground of the table header in the theme manager, the bright one, is the table subheader.

always use the code i gave
#013c74 url(images/Light/thead_bg.gif) repeat-x

#013c74 > should be a green color
images/Light/thead_bg.gif is the actuall path of the image u want to show there
repeat-x as u will make just an image of 5 pixles X 5 for example !! and the repeat-x will meger it all over the horizontal line for the header, so it will become like 1 block image, but in reality, it's just a repeated little image.

chaw
sorry for double posting but it's just that if case he saw the post and i edit it he wont recognize the new things i put

anyway i have made those 2 photos for u , u can test with them or use them

just replace them in ur ./images

these are for the table header and subheader

chaw
Wow, thanks alot. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5