MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What''s up with this vb mania sh******t!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I have noticed that when someone asks about a new feature is like :cos vb has it. And not only here, but in other forums too. The same goes for the new themes created. Their designers are always trying to give their themes a vb look and feel. Personally I think that vb looks horrible, qua structure and look. Mybb has got its own personality and originality and should stay that way. Those that have such a hard on for vb, let them go and buy it rather than being cheap and demanding, no offence meant.

Is anyone else bugegd by this vb mania or it is just me.
well, vB is broke they will be stupid its just a stolen copy of ipb modified. don't buy it.
It's not just you. I think the most annoying thing is people demanding WYSIWYG like it's the end of the world. What I don't understand is since MyBB is open source why not just get someone to branch off if there is so much demand for these vB features.
(2009-11-01, 06:07 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]It's not just you. I think the most annoying thing is people demanding WYSIWYG like it's the end of the world. What I don't understand is since MyBB is open source why not just get someone to branch off if there is so much demand for these vB features.

I hear you on that thread about the WYSIWYG editor. Exactly what I meant above. Vb has it, so what, big whooop Big Grin
I'm fairly sure that 'like in vB' is the most used phrase in the suggestions/plugin/theme requests forum.

Why not be a trend setter instead of a trend follower?? Not that we should set a trend of not having WYSIWYG editors as such, but there's no need to do things because other BBSs do. I still haven't seen a forum where the majority of the posts would benefit from a WYSIWYG editor. So you may need to copy and paste an image once or twice, it isn't beyond you to manually format it. And I'd be a bit concerned if people were constantly copying big pieces of text and images from other people's sites into their posts...
I agree, there's plenty of areas where MyBB can define itself that are much more worth following up! Personally, think you should make vBulletin a blocked word here XD
They use VB because it looks professional because it cost money.
The point of the thread though isn't why they use vB. It's why do they request features that are like vB!
Because they are too lazy to pay for it. But want it.
Yes, but it won't have the vB name so what's it matter if its all about being a vB forum?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12