MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Original Poster Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This is the official support thread for Original Poster Image.

First of all, please be nice, this is my first released plugin. Smile

The following is no longer an issue as of version 1.2.
:>
Possible issue(s):
I was first playing around with this idea and decided to first hard-code it in and see if it even worked, it worked just fine with the code in fucntions_post.php - but I knew that it wasn't good to hard-code things in there so decided to go with a plugin.
This didn't seem to work for me, so what I was able to do was get the plugin to insert the code into the file, and remove it when the plugin is disabled.

Now, you're meant to have to CHMOD functions_post.php before activating/deactivating the plugin, but it seems to work without doing that for me.
So if you are having issues, please try changing the CHMOD setting of inc/functions_post.php to 777.
Also, once you are finished activating/deactivating the plugin, please restore the CHMOD back to what it was, probably 644.

If you're upgrading MyBB and it changes the functions_post.php file then you will have to disable and enable the plugin again to make the changes to the file yet again. This is the obvious disadvantage of editing files...
Gonna have to try this, thanks for it Wink
That's a cool idea. Would be very helpful in support threads when a user suddenly posts in someone else's thread and says they have a problem and I don't realise a different person has started posting Toungue
Awesome! Can we easily move the code to somewhere else in the postbit?
Nice one, thanks Smile
Hi

Persian language for Original Poster Image:
[attachment=16227]

Persian Informaition for Original Poster Image in MybbIran Forum:
http://community.mybbiran.com/thread-642.html

Thanks.
Nice plugin. Thank you very much.
If your server is using suPHP then you do not have to CHMOD the file to 0777 (in fact, it will throw an Internal Server Error 500 if you do). Wink
Smart, will use it!
(For us who don't know what suPHP is)

Quote:suPHP is a tool for executing PHP scripts with the permissions of their owners. It consists of an Apache module (mod_suphp) and a setuid root binary (suphp) that is called by the Apache module to change the uid of the process executing the PHP interpreter.

Thanks Joe for that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6