MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrating MyBB into your website. (Login Form)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
same here. that is what happens to me.
I did all of the steps properly, and I seem to have a problem similar to many here.

When I log in, it has me logged in on the forums, but not the site. I tried echoing the variables of the user in different ways as well:
echo 'Worked: '.$mybb->user['username'];
echo 'Worked: '.$mybbuser['username'];
echo 'Worked: '.$user['username'];

Unfortunately, they all returned an empty string(besides 'Worked: '). Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?

EDIT: I have MyBB 1.2.2 I believe. Could that change something?
So in order that we all not get mixed up... i will unite all the other codes so you all should use from now one this new code which i have coded and tested and proved to be working.

<?php
$level = "forums";// Name of MyBB dir
$redirect = "../thisfile.php";//Keep the ../ change thisfile to the name of this file
define('IN_MYBB', 1);
chdir($level);
require("global.php");//don't change.

if($mybb->user['uid'] > 0)
{
	echo "Welcome back ".$mybb->user['username'];
}
else
{
	echo "<form action='$level/member.php' method='post'>";
	echo "Username: <input type='text' name='username' size='25' maxlength='30' /><br />";
	echo "Password: <input type='password' name='password' size='25' />";
	echo "<input type='hidden' name='action' value='do_login'>";
	echo "<input type='hidden' name='url' value='$redirect' />";
	echo "<input type='submit' class='submit' name='submit' value='Login' /></form><br>";
}
?>

you don't have to edit anything but those 2 variable at the top of the file.

Try this and tell me if it works.

If it doesn't please include your codes with your replies.
When I try this I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_attachment_icon() (previously declared in /home/animal/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php:379) in /home/animal/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 1922
what did you add to the code?
Nothing, I just used this:

<?php
chdir('forum'); // path to MyBB
define('IN_MYBB', 1);
require './global.php';
?>

(I put that at the very top of a file named "Header.php" which of course controls the top and what not. I've also placed it where I wanted the login box to show up and same results.)
I used the code you supplied Mibb and when i log it it just shows the log in page and it doesnt say that i am logged in.
Animal24 Wrote:Nothing, I just used this:

<?php
chdir('forum'); // path to MyBB
define('IN_MYBB', 1);
require './global.php';
?>

(I put that at the very top of a file named "Header.php" which of course controls the top and what not. I've also placed it where I wanted the login box to show up and same results.)
Okay i understand but those have something other than this code in them isnt?
blubox Wrote:I used the code you supplied Mibb and when i log it it just shows the log in page and it doesnt say that i am logged in.

Can you try with the last code i have supplied please?
Ya. That is the code that I am using.
@zaher1988

What do you mean? Do you want me to post all the code that is located in that file here?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48