MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrating MyBB into your website. (Login Form)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh yeah.
But I find my way easier, lol.
Christian585 Wrote:it better to use:
echo'<a title="link Description" href="http://link/link.php">Link</a>';

Technically if there are no variables to be parsed in the string using echo ' stuff ' with single quotes should be more efficient than using double quotes.
this may be a bit off topic, but whats the different between echo and print? I think I heard print automaticly adds a \r\n to the end of the string.
this link might help http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view...d/1/fid/40.
Quote:There is a difference between the two, but speed-wise it should be irrelevant which one you use. print() behaves like a function in that you can do: $ret = print "Hello World";And $ret will be 1That means that print can be used as part of a more complex expression where echo cannot. print is also part of the precedence table which it needs to be if it is to be used within a complex expression. It is just about at the bottom of the precendence list though. Only "," AND, OR and XOR are lower.echo is marginally faster since it doesn't set a return value if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty.If the grammar is: echo expression [, expression[, expression] ... ]Then echo ( expression, expression ) is not valid. ( expression ) reduces to just an expression so this would be valid: echo ("howdy"),("partner");but you would simply write this as: echo "howdy","partner"; if you wanted to use two expression. Putting the brackets in there serves no purpose since there is no operator precendence issue with a single expression like that.
Thanks. I never knew that Smile
For some reason this doesn't work correctly for me. I've added the code you supplied and it adds the login box and it does sign me in once I supply my login information. But when I'm redirected... it still shows the login fields rather then "welcome, user". Any ideas?

p.s
When using these code am I required to include this...
Quote:chdir('forums');
my forums is the root directory of my server... and my site is in a sub directory.
So change 'forums' to wherever your forum is...
Is there anyway to export the topics from the forums onto the site?
Kwek Wrote:Is there anyway to export the topics from the forums onto the site?

I'm sure you could alter the code from your portals Latest 5 topics, if the portal does that. Rolleyes
Thanks for the login and the ability to hide content from unregistered users