MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What browser do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2010-01-22, 02:57 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I have seen, adding a convenient search box isn't innovating. But I mean hey, if you want everything you do to get sent off to google, go for it.

So creating an entirely different search algorithm that is now used by everyone isn't innovation, let me guess neither is google earth or the gmail web interface? I don't see what your getting at because that was a really bad example. Google is where it is today because it innovated the way we search for pages on the internet which was way beyond any of their competition.
Unfortunately Google isn't a search engine company, it is a advertising company which is reflected in their search engine. I prefer Bing because the results you receive have nothing to do with how much money websites pay. That being said I only use Chrome on my home PCs running Windows XP. Big Grin
Quote:they have become a company driven by innovation and many more companies should follow this example.

Search Engine: Innovation
Everything Else Google: Not Innovation
(2010-01-22, 06:20 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Search Engine: Innovation
Everything Else Google: Not Innovation

What about Wave?
What about it? A browser-based MSN, whoop de doo.

I'm done discussing google, anyways. Have a nice day/
The concept behind it might not be innovative but the programming and technology used in it certainly is. Their products always seem to have things that no one else does, they were the first mapping system with street view, they were the first free email with large storage (and a good AJAX interface) and they were the first to make a digitized online library practical.
Quote:n another side not, I do like Opera but is anyone else with me in that they can't stand it when you right click new tab and it takes you to that new tab rather than just opening it in a new tab?

Right Click (on link) -> Open in Background Tab
Right Click (on tab bar) -> Create Follower Tab

Quote:Opera is nice, but of course lacks some of the nice CSS features.

No it doesn't. It has the same, if not greater support for CSS3 than Firefox, and it has full support for CSS 2.1.

Quote: I have used Opera, I loved most of the features, the only thing I hated was the lack of a decent adblocke

It's built in. Just right click on the ad you want to block and hit "Block Content" and all similar content will be blocked. E.g all adsense ads.

__

Google and Microsoft both started out as extremely innovative companies, and while the ball has slipped a little (due to the fact they can just attach their name to it and have people buy it) they still do their fair share of innovation.

Google innovated with a fair few of their products:
1. Google Search
2. gMail
3. Google Earth/Google Maps.

Quote:The concept behind it [Wave] might not be innovative but the programming and technology used in it certainly is.

I'd actually say it is the other way around. The concept is strong (not the strongest they've had though) but the technology in place is backwards. The code is a mess (by all means there is nothing in Wave that shouldn't work in IE or Opera), it's relative slow and the UI could certainly be improved on.

Oh, and the amount of IE users is not dropping. Their market share is, but keep in mind the number of people using the internet is growing rapidly.

In 2004 (before Firefox really existed) their were 934.4 million internet users, with IE having a 91.4% market share (853.6m users)

In 2009 their were 1.5 billion internet users and IE had a 63.7% share which equates to 922.2m users.

So despite a market share loss of nearly 30%, IE has seen a growth of nearly 70 million users.
(2010-01-23, 05:09 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]Right Click (on link) -> Open in Background Tab
Right Click (on tab bar) -> Create Follower Tab

Thanks man! Thats a huge help Smile
(2010-01-23, 05:09 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]No it doesn't. It has the same, if not greater support for CSS3 than Firefox, and it has full support for CSS 2.1.

In what version? I've yet to see a website have rounded corners in Opera and as far as I know I'm running the latest version. If you're talking about a beta, we'll wait until it's released.
(2010-01-23, 03:52 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-23, 05:09 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]No it doesn't. It has the same, if not greater support for CSS3 than Firefox, and it has full support for CSS 2.1.

In what version? I've yet to see a website have rounded corners in Opera and as far as I know I'm running the latest version. If you're talking about a beta, we'll wait until it's released.

See my site or sample here. Was design a year ago with old Opera 9 or 10 series, now with Opera DragonFly to track any unusual HTML code (inc. CSS).
It's 100% round corner (pure CSS) and not image corner.
100% cross browser compatible Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9