MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [TUTORIAL]Integrate Twitter Logins with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I will wait until someone comeup with it
thank you anyways
I've tried this tutorial, and for the most part, it worked. However, I do have a few that could easily improve this.

1.) Could we have a registration page which resembles the regular registration a bit more? Preferrably, could we have email address and password fields?
2.) How do you link an existing account to Twitter login?

NOTE: I did do your edits in post #22.
(2010-05-15, 06:01 PM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried this tutorial, and for the most part, it worked. However, I do have a few that could easily improve this.

1.) Could we have a registration page which resembles the regular registration a bit more? Preferrably, could we have email address and password fields?
2.) How do you link an existing account to Twitter login?

NOTE: I did do your edits in post #22.

I didn't include asking for email address and password because, if a user wanted to put this info anyway, then the user should have just gone through normal registration. The point of registering through an external service is that it is quick and you don't need to add alot of information(especially a new password).

I myself on http://screeze.com detect if a user registered with an external service(like Twitter) and doesn't have a proper email on file, and put a link in the board index if the user wishes to provide one, but it is not required

Also, to link an existing account to a Twitter login, send the already logged in user to twlogin.php (same url for logging in and registering through Twitter), it will detect the user has an account already but it is not connected with twitter and connect it for the user. Note that two accounts may not be linked to the same twitter account.
Yeah. But what about if you login via. Twitter as a guest, couldn't you link them up that way? Cause that's how IPB's facebook connect works (and 3.1's twitter connect too).
If you login via twitter as a guest it registers an account for the user and links it at the same time already.

Or do you mean something else?
Fixed, Sweeet Smile!
I seem to be having a problem aswell, both with the Twitter and Windows Live logins. After logging in with either my Twitter details, or Windows Live, it says redirecting, then just goes to a blank page...
i upgrade mybb to 1.4.13 and now i have this error on the line 70

line: $uid = $q->fetchSingle();

error: Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchSingle() on a non-object in /home/*****/public_html/walkman/callback.php on line 70
That is most likely an error related to PHP5 and SQLite. Be sure you meet the script requirements.
I get the error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/cusinndzl/public_html/forum/twitterOAuth/twitterOAuth.php on line 181
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14